just out of curiosity has anyone tried this unit from jaycar http://www.jaycar.com.au/Kits,-Science- ... e/p/KC5444
looks like it should be able to be tied into the 808 on pin b7 to act like the esc modules from the early camaros although i have read one blog about it saying it needed a little better filtering
Knock Box Talk
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
-
monaro308
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:02 am
- cars: HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV
Re: Knock Box Talk
Geez 202t is that the sensor I sent up to you about 4 years ago
For anyone that has an aux port in their stereo,just wire up an alloytec or ls knock
sensor and plug it in.
Work uses this method as a back up when using a towing dyno.
For anyone that has an aux port in their stereo,just wire up an alloytec or ls knock
sensor and plug it in.
Work uses this method as a back up when using a towing dyno.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Knock Box Talk
That's so simple it's stupid. I like itmonaro308 wrote:Geez 202t is that the sensor I sent up to you about 4 years ago![]()
For anyone that has an aux port in their stereo,just wire up an alloytec or ls knock
sensor and plug it in.
Work uses this method as a back up when using a towing dyno.
With a decent stereo you should be able to filter it too
Would one of the Nissan type knock sensors work? I think I'll grab one and see how it goes through the stereo.
BTW, what would be the ideal location(s) for a knock sensor?
Last edited by immortality on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Knock Box Talk
hmmm? wonder how well a cassette tape adapter will work? or it might introduce noise in itself?
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Knock Box Talk
What is this tape player thing you speak of ? Lol
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Knock Box Talk
Its this new tech that replaces 8 track.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Knock Box Talk
Pisser, I've had my HQ over 20 years and it's never had a tape player !
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Knock Box Talk
All my holdens now have the original eurovox cassette players. only my vacationer had an aftermarket cd player which I never used the CD part of it.
I can't even remember the last time I even touched an audio CD, let alone a tape lol.
I can't even remember the last time I even touched an audio CD, let alone a tape lol.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Knock Box Talk
I wish my Q still had the original radio, I just don't want to pay the stupid $$ for one knowing that il never use it ! I like cars that look original, just not in the performance department lol
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Knock Box Talk
I've been busymonaro308 wrote:Geez 202t is that the sensor I sent up to you about 4 years ago![]()
For anyone that has an aux port in their stereo,just wire up an alloytec or ls knock
sensor and plug it in.
Work uses this method as a back up when using a towing dyno.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread