Knock Box Talk

Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by Dazza92VP »

just out of curiosity has anyone tried this unit from jaycar http://www.jaycar.com.au/Kits,-Science- ... e/p/KC5444
looks like it should be able to be tied into the 808 on pin b7 to act like the esc modules from the early camaros although i have read one blog about it saying it needed a little better filtering
monaro308
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:02 am
cars: HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by monaro308 »

Geez 202t is that the sensor I sent up to you about 4 years ago :D
For anyone that has an aux port in their stereo,just wire up an alloytec or ls knock
sensor and plug it in.
Work uses this method as a back up when using a towing dyno.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by immortality »

monaro308 wrote:Geez 202t is that the sensor I sent up to you about 4 years ago :D
For anyone that has an aux port in their stereo,just wire up an alloytec or ls knock
sensor and plug it in.
Work uses this method as a back up when using a towing dyno.
That's so simple it's stupid. I like it :thumbup:

With a decent stereo you should be able to filter it too :idea:

Would one of the Nissan type knock sensors work? I think I'll grab one and see how it goes through the stereo.

BTW, what would be the ideal location(s) for a knock sensor?
Last edited by immortality on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by vlad01 »

hmmm? wonder how well a cassette tape adapter will work? or it might introduce noise in itself?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by HQ355 »

What is this tape player thing you speak of ? Lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by vlad01 »

Its this new tech that replaces 8 track.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by HQ355 »

Pisser, I've had my HQ over 20 years and it's never had a tape player !
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by vlad01 »

All my holdens now have the original eurovox cassette players. only my vacationer had an aftermarket cd player which I never used the CD part of it.

I can't even remember the last time I even touched an audio CD, let alone a tape lol.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by HQ355 »

I wish my Q still had the original radio, I just don't want to pay the stupid $$ for one knowing that il never use it ! I like cars that look original, just not in the performance department lol
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by Holden202T »

monaro308 wrote:Geez 202t is that the sensor I sent up to you about 4 years ago :D
For anyone that has an aux port in their stereo,just wire up an alloytec or ls knock
sensor and plug it in.
Work uses this method as a back up when using a towing dyno.
I've been busy :oops: