OSE 11P V104

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by VK_3800 »

I would replace the TPS, it should go from 0 to 100 in just under 90 degrees (at zero/closed the butterfly still has a little angle), if you can't get the range right its never going to work.
buzzard
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by buzzard »

Is it possible to run 4 cylinder with $11P?
4wheelinls1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
cars: X6t

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

My First time with the custom 11P but have used 12 and A6 not sweat. The car has a check engine light when I put the Memcal back with the new bin burned to it. It reads back and verifies OK. Soon as I put the NVRAM in no engine light and all is well. Anyone had a similar issue? The MEMCAL was a BPYS $58c but I wan't aware of any hardware changes and there are no faults logged or drive ability issues when using the NVRAM.
Cheers
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by Holden202T »

what is the error code it gives you ?
4wheelinls1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
cars: X6t

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

There are no codes as my Snap on scan tool won't communicate when the stock Memcal is in with the new tuned bin. When the NVRAM is fitted and connected there are no codes and the car is fine, ive dyno tuned it and all was good. The problem is only with the stock Memcal with the modified Binary file written back to it.

I also put the stock tune back onto the memcal to eliminate that as a fault. It ran fine with no engine light.

Ive attached the tuned file, its just a stock car with exhaust and 98.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by Jayme »

if your scantool doesnt communciate, it means the code isnt running. how are you pulling the bin off the nvram to burn to the memcal? you cannot just use the bin file you download through the OSE plugin emulation, as it is an incomplete bin file that doesnt contain code. (for speed sake while tuning it only downloads the first 7kb of the bin, if you look in a hex editor, the rest of it will be empty)

try pulling the bin file off the nvram using a 'get bin' from the OSE flashtool?
4wheelinls1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
cars: X6t

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

Jayme wrote:if your scantool doesnt communciate, it means the code isnt running. how are you pulling the bin off the nvram to burn to the memcal? you cannot just use the bin file you download through the OSE plugin emulation, as it is an incomplete bin file that doesnt contain code. (for speed sake while tuning it only downloads the first 7kb of the bin, if you look in a hex editor, the rest of it will be empty)

try pulling the bin file off the nvram using a 'get bin' from the OSE flashtool?
I have an eprom eraser lamp and i use a Pocket programmer 3 to write the modified bin to the stock memcal. The Bin is the tuned Bin saved in tunerpro once tuned. I have done lots of memcal based tuning with both Kalmaker and Tunercat for 15 years or so. It behaves 100% like a memcal fault. I deleted the memcal again as was going to try a stock $11 file but I'm assuming the car won't start due to the different Vats requirement. I have set the anti theft flags to VS in the tune as the vehicle is a VS ute. It's like like a checksum problem or memcal code fault, car is in limp, runs poor and no data to a regular scan tool.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by Holden202T »

read what Jayme said, you need to get the complete bin file from the nvram using the ose flashtool, then burn this to the memcal and it should work.

the bin file you posted above is just the calibration area, with lots of zeroes before and after it.
4wheelinls1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
cars: X6t

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

Holden202T wrote:read what Jayme said, you need to get the complete bin file from the nvram using the ose flashtool, then burn this to the memcal and it should work.

the bin file you posted above is just the calibration area, with lots of zeroes before and after it.
Ok cool I misunderstood. I never had this issue with either the 12P or A6 custom files in the past. So the Tunerpro RT bin file that it saves is not the complete file? I didn't know that. I will try what you have suggested.

Thanks
4wheelinls1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 am
cars: X6t

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

4wheelinls1 wrote:
Holden202T wrote:read what Jayme said, you need to get the complete bin file from the nvram using the ose flashtool, then burn this to the memcal and it should work.

the bin file you posted above is just the calibration area, with lots of zeroes before and after it.
Ok cool I misunderstood. I never had this issue with either the 12P or A6 custom files in the past. So the Tunerpro RT bin file that it saves is not the complete file? I didn't know that. I will try what you have suggested.

Thanks
Thanks Guys problem solved.