How to loose 200kgs?....

User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

Thanks jayme :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

I just need to alter it for E85 WB range.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

That resistor just met some side cutters :D

Will test results and report back once fuel rail is back in
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Jayme »

lol I musta done it the hard way with the iron :P
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Dylan »

Jayme wrote:lol I musta done it the hard way with the iron :P
Have you ran it with an auto trans since? I know that will sound stupid.
Just I heard from a bloke who done it experience some shift issues afterwards.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Jayme »

Yeah in a turbo v6 drag car tho. But it shifted fine on the strip at full throttle
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:
Jayme wrote:lol I musta done it the hard way with the iron :P
Have you ran it with an auto trans since? I know that will sound stupid.
Just I heard from a bloke who done it experience some shift issues afterwards.

Its always been manual.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

This is how dyno day went lol.

There was chunks of rubber everywhere, as far as across the workshop. The tyre went in an instant. I thought we came off the dyno it was that violent.

Image

Image

Image

Image



End of the day we had some good success after a lot of dramas with getting WBs to work.

So how it runs on e85 and uses the ford injectors off my engine.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

Yeah, it was more like a detonation than a blow out :lol:

Got some promising results, few bugs to sort, thanks again vlad for all your hard work :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by HQ355 »

Lucky !! I was watching dyno disasters on YouTube yesterday, it can turn to shit quick ! Good to hear you got some results :)