How to loose 200kgs?....
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
yeah i've got two monitors at home, makes tuning so much easier!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
we need 2 monitors for another reason being the dyno screen. add that too we then need triple monitors lol
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
yeah this is why I look at the data in different ways, sample counts, min/max, averages and most recent then include cross referencing to the monitors so I can make sense of the "quality" of the data and copy over what I want.Jayme wrote:yeah nothing wrong with the calcVE itself... its all about how you use it, for example if you flit through a VE cell briefly during Decel, the wideband reading is going to be waaaaaaay off reality.. and so will the calcVE reading. if you use that log in a histogram then copy the calcVE histogram over your VE table, then that cell will by a big incorrect spike. thats why I tend to use the monitor window, you can exclude the cells that are bullshitting to you.
The first few runs I just copy the lot as an average as that is a way better starting point than the stock VE table.
This tune only had 2 runs over the VE table to get it in the ball park. Some spikes from hunting and rev limiter there too.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
So, this has been playing on my mind for a while, I had these made, should do the trick...immortality wrote:Do you have issues with broken studs?
Shouldn't you really use a hub-centric type spacer?
Do they make one of those driveshafts in your required length?

Oh, and now ready for paint

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Don't paint it, it only adds weight 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
HQ355 wrote:Don't paint it, it only adds weight
True story!
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Yeah. This thread should be "how to loose 210kgs" if you wanted to paint it.vlad01 wrote:HQ355 wrote:Don't paint it, it only adds weight
True story!
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
So how much is it weighing in at now? Should definitely tear up the track now though with amputation diet it's had
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
I think its down 260 kg ?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
It really is quiet unbelievable how much weight it has lost, I can't wait to see what the final numbers are. Performance wise you'd get better gains from the diet than just adding more power.