How to loose 200kgs?....

User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i've got two monitors at home, makes tuning so much easier!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

we need 2 monitors for another reason being the dyno screen. add that too we then need triple monitors lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

Jayme wrote:yeah nothing wrong with the calcVE itself... its all about how you use it, for example if you flit through a VE cell briefly during Decel, the wideband reading is going to be waaaaaaay off reality.. and so will the calcVE reading. if you use that log in a histogram then copy the calcVE histogram over your VE table, then that cell will by a big incorrect spike. thats why I tend to use the monitor window, you can exclude the cells that are bullshitting to you.
yeah this is why I look at the data in different ways, sample counts, min/max, averages and most recent then include cross referencing to the monitors so I can make sense of the "quality" of the data and copy over what I want.

The first few runs I just copy the lot as an average as that is a way better starting point than the stock VE table.

This tune only had 2 runs over the VE table to get it in the ball park. Some spikes from hunting and rev limiter there too.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

immortality wrote:Do you have issues with broken studs?

Shouldn't you really use a hub-centric type spacer?

Do they make one of those driveshafts in your required length?
So, this has been playing on my mind for a while, I had these made, should do the trick...
Image


Oh, and now ready for paint :D
Image
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by HQ355 »

Don't paint it, it only adds weight :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:Don't paint it, it only adds weight :)

True story!
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by TdracerTd »

vlad01 wrote:
HQ355 wrote:Don't paint it, it only adds weight :)

True story!
Yeah. This thread should be "how to loose 210kgs" if you wanted to paint it. ;)
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Dazza92VP »

So how much is it weighing in at now? Should definitely tear up the track now though with amputation diet it's had
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

I think its down 260 kg ?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by immortality »

It really is quiet unbelievable how much weight it has lost, I can't wait to see what the final numbers are. Performance wise you'd get better gains from the diet than just adding more power.