The problem with organic is it just wont survive with my driving especially with this engine it just wont hold. The way I drive my clutches never wear in they just break in some way or another.
In the VR I have a extra heavy duty V8 performance organic clutch and the hold and grab is spot on for a internally stock v6. But its really heavy as it has to be being organic and the fact its a performance v8 one.
With ceramic the bite is many fold better so a lighter pressure plate can be used and can take heat unlike organic so it doesn't just turn to ash and fuck up on the first slip, exactly what happen with the last one.
I don't like hydo, it feels sloshy and slow lol. Cable is fantastic as long as you dont use a genuine one
The ceramic definitely performs better, they just have very short lifetime. I've gone back to organic for the moment as I can't afford $1K worth of clutch every 18 months!
Nothing wrong with a hydraulic clutch if correctly set up (no point in having a slave that still acts on the fork, slave needs to be behind the thrust bearing). Too many people do a crappy job and silly things like too small lines (that's probably where you get your slow idea from). Cable works fine when set up right too, but you have to use a fork.
I like the hydraulic set up on my Q with T-56 and the hydraulic throw out bearing, I used all the std commodore parts on the conversion so everything is matched and it works well
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP) Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily) Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled) Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus) My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy) 1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car) Mitsubishi Evo IX
While they are nice and new, I would get them hpc coated. Such attention to detail has gone into this engine, that paint they come with doesn't last long, and they will look second hand quick smart. Great job is what I'm saying and that coating won't be up to your standard in 1000ks.
I already said I'd get them coated. Satin black ceramic inside and out.
Jet hot in Castlemaine do that same blue in ceramic too. Either way both look good. Better than chrome ceramic finish.
Last edited by vlad01 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP) Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily) Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled) Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus) My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy) 1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car) Mitsubishi Evo IX