ALDL Logger V2

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by immortality »

It was, but I only took a quick glance at the numbers, it was in the 300's.

Yes, using it as a stand alone logger, the L67's never had a map sensor unfortunately.

Yes, using the analog inputs on the logger, Aux 1 - WB O2, Aux 2 - fuel pressure, Aux 3 - MAP sensor.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by Jayme »

on the 808 256 = 5v. on the logger 1024 = 5v, so you can get a rough calc.
808 calc = X * 1.1768 + 11.0

logger calc = X * 1.1768 / 4 + 11.0
or X * 0.2942 + 11.0

300 * 0.2942 + 11 = 99.26 looks good for a 3 bar map sensor.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by immortality »

Cheers, will give it a try tonight.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by immortality »

Got out this morning and took it for a spin.

Max of 179kpa which I think equated to about 11.5psi ? Scaling might be off a bit but it's definitely working :)

edit: Atmo is showing as 106.6kpa so I guess that needs to read about 100 ?
Boost.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by Holden202T »

pretty close still!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Got out this morning and took it for a spin.

Max of 179kpa which I think equated to about 11.5psi ? Scaling might be off a bit but it's definitely working :)

edit: Atmo is showing as 106.6kpa so I guess that needs to read about 100 ?
Boost.png
This is a problem I get, 95% of the time it reads 106 baro when its actually lower.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by kojab »

I find it depends on which Map sensors you are buying. The more expensive ones I buy from the US (GM) seem closer to Baro. I have had customers who have bought their own on ebay for $30 and they are total rubbish.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by immortality »

We can fix it with equation ☺

This sensor wasn't exactly cheap.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by kojab »

About 10 -15 years ago a 3 Bar sensor was close to $300, 2 Bar about $260. With our dollar the way it is, I am going to have pay well over a $100 AUS for a 3 Bar sensor and that's without a socket and terminals.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: ALDL Logger V2

Post by vlad01 »

kojab wrote:I find it depends on which Map sensors you are buying. The more expensive ones I buy from the US (GM) seem closer to Baro. I have had customers who have bought their own on ebay for $30 and they are total rubbish.

No I found it to be either a problem in the adx or 12p itself as the baro is nearly always stuck at 106kpa despite the map showing 95kpa when the engine is off for example.