http://members.vacc.com.au/TechOnline/a ... 7-4132.pdf
I thought that the first article was interesting.
'Bits are eating atoms'....
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
'Bits are eating atoms'....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
Cant read it mate passworded site
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
try this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
Scary if we need a scantool to bleed a clutch. Great info.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
Bleeding clutch is with a scan tool is normal in a modern workshop, service resets with scan tool shit me to tears, new software for each new model = lotsa money....
I cant get my head around how they can give a flat touch screen variable texture?....
I cant get my head around how they can give a flat touch screen variable texture?....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
At the worst the newest car I will ever buy will be a VF S2, I just don't like anything else, if I had my way I'd buy a few old HQ's and do them up as needed but that's not cheap these days and I'd be to sacred to park them anywhere
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
The basics of it is pretty simple, variable resistance to measure touch pressure. Touch lcd's primarly work on thin wires and it senses via resistance where you are.Biggvl wrote:Bleeding clutch is with a scan tool is normal in a modern workshop, service resets with scan tool shit me to tears, new software for each new model = lotsa money....
I cant get my head around how they can give a flat touch screen variable texture?....
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
I thought most LCD are capacitive these days?
I have found phone screens are tuned to the signiture of water and activate without direct contact, ie 0.5mm from screen.
I have found phone screens are tuned to the signiture of water and activate without direct contact, ie 0.5mm from screen.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
They use capacitance not resistance. That's why you don't even have to touch the screen and everyone is different. Pain in the arse if you don't want to press it.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....
I found anything wet with water can be used as a stylus. Even a sandwich or banana lol.