'Bits are eating atoms'....

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by Gareth »

http://members.vacc.com.au/TechOnline/a ... 7-4132.pdf

I thought that the first article was interesting.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by Dazza92VP »

Cant read it mate passworded site
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by Gareth »

2016_03_4117-4132.pdf
try this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by Charlescrown »

Scary if we need a scantool to bleed a clutch. Great info.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by Gareth »

Bleeding clutch is with a scan tool is normal in a modern workshop, service resets with scan tool shit me to tears, new software for each new model = lotsa money....

I cant get my head around how they can give a flat touch screen variable texture?....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by HQ355 »

At the worst the newest car I will ever buy will be a VF S2, I just don't like anything else, if I had my way I'd buy a few old HQ's and do them up as needed but that's not cheap these days and I'd be to sacred to park them anywhere
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by The1 »

Biggvl wrote:Bleeding clutch is with a scan tool is normal in a modern workshop, service resets with scan tool shit me to tears, new software for each new model = lotsa money....

I cant get my head around how they can give a flat touch screen variable texture?....
The basics of it is pretty simple, variable resistance to measure touch pressure. Touch lcd's primarly work on thin wires and it senses via resistance where you are.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by vlad01 »

I thought most LCD are capacitive these days?

I have found phone screens are tuned to the signiture of water and activate without direct contact, ie 0.5mm from screen.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by Charlescrown »

They use capacitance not resistance. That's why you don't even have to touch the screen and everyone is different. Pain in the arse if you don't want to press it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 'Bits are eating atoms'....

Post by vlad01 »

I found anything wet with water can be used as a stylus. Even a sandwich or banana lol.