Custom Flange - 3d printing, CAD, Sand Casting

Ecu Hardware Modifications
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Custom Flange - 3d printing, CAD, Sand Casting

Post by Jayme »

currently reading up on this guys oil burner designs.... its all very interesting to someone like me who hasnt ever so much as looked at a real furnace :P

http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/oilburners01.html

as the pages go on, you can see his newer generation designs.
BennVenn
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
Location: Windellama, NSW

Re: Custom Flange - 3d printing, CAD, Sand Casting

Post by BennVenn »

That is such a good idea!!!!!!!!! I've got a spare pitbike carby I could try. Wonder how rich you'd need to make it to not have a flame travel back up to the carby. Would 14:1 AFR support a flame without compression?
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Custom Flange - 3d printing, CAD, Sand Casting

Post by VL400 »

Couple of youtube subs I have do a bit of casting. This guy is building a (big) boat in his front yard (well worth checking out even if you dont want to watch the casting vids) .. https://www.youtube.com/user/submarineboat

And this guy needs fast forward lots of the time, but has a series on building an oil or gas fired setup .. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjwQ6 ... EcWGboSU3g
BennVenn
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
Location: Windellama, NSW

Re: Custom Flange - 3d printing, CAD, Sand Casting

Post by BennVenn »

Supercharging is now on hold :-(

I need to get the Delco TBI all nice and neat for a roadworthy. I'm taking a month off work and need a car to post stuff for the online store. So! TBI will be converted to a returnless setup, Fuel system relocated beside the fuel tank, Original fuel line will be used to supply the ~12psi to the TBI. Going to need some kind of fuel accumulator to make up for the thin stock line. And need to find a regulator that will regulate 12psi. Carby ones seem to max out at 7-9psi, EFI ones regulate poorly below 1.5bar...

Also swapping out the steam pipe + 10mm plate homemade TBI adaptor with a cast one. Here's the patterns:
20160404_064044.jpg
20160404_064037.jpg
A nice simple core for this one. I've sanded the 3d print and put a few coats of epoxy clear, nice and shiney! All draft angles are good and even put my name on the casting. See how detailed I can go with this sand. If it doesn't rain this afternoon, I'll post some casting pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.