The man cave.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: The man cave.
Yep, wherever. Here does make sense.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: The man cave.
don't worry you'll find plenty of things to fill it with once its done hehehe!antus wrote:Sounds good to me, ive just dropped the deposit on a shed but havnt figured out exactly how im going to use the space yet.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: The man cave.
That's what I said. Nekminit.... Need another 200m2
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: The man cave.
I'm a bit late to the party but regarding mezzanine floors I've got the poor man's version with a couple of cheap pallet racks - bolt a couple of lengths of RHS between them and the remaining shelves fit between them. Yes, there is (most of) a car under there somewhere.

If/when I have more space available one day they can go back to being normal shelves.

If/when I have more space available one day they can go back to being normal shelves.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: The man cave.
So I'm looking at the container idea again for a mezzanine.
Looks like it actually work out well if I get a high cube 20' 2 pallet container. They are 300mm taller but thats not what I care for, they have a 2 pallet version of that for the aussie pallet standards which is 60mm wider inside. Its just enough room to fit an older holden like all of mine and still be able to open a door to get into the car. So what idea I had is to have one of these smack bang in the middle of the shed up against the end wall. My shed is 10.5m wide.
So I can put a now a lot shorter I beam or 100 box tube from each top front corner of the container out to the shed walls. And then run C channel purlins in parallel with the beams to the back wall.
So this does away with 1/3 of the purlins and any additional beams, does away with support posts and the purlins now becomes shorter and more standard lenghts. Plus I will have a sealed container to store one of my best cars in pristine condition.
So the result will me a mezzanine aprox 10.5m wide and 6m deep at 2.9ish m high with container parking in the center and 2 under mezzanine parking spots, 1 each side of the container. And I should be able to fit racking under there as well.
Looks like it actually work out well if I get a high cube 20' 2 pallet container. They are 300mm taller but thats not what I care for, they have a 2 pallet version of that for the aussie pallet standards which is 60mm wider inside. Its just enough room to fit an older holden like all of mine and still be able to open a door to get into the car. So what idea I had is to have one of these smack bang in the middle of the shed up against the end wall. My shed is 10.5m wide.
So I can put a now a lot shorter I beam or 100 box tube from each top front corner of the container out to the shed walls. And then run C channel purlins in parallel with the beams to the back wall.
So this does away with 1/3 of the purlins and any additional beams, does away with support posts and the purlins now becomes shorter and more standard lenghts. Plus I will have a sealed container to store one of my best cars in pristine condition.
So the result will me a mezzanine aprox 10.5m wide and 6m deep at 2.9ish m high with container parking in the center and 2 under mezzanine parking spots, 1 each side of the container. And I should be able to fit racking under there as well.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: The man cave.
Something like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: The man cave.
So looks like I'm getting roof insulation. Best of the best as my half brother is doing his and came over to measure the roof up so we can buy it in one lot and get a better price. So sould get the insulation for the roof at about 1500-1600 bucks.
Its the foam sandwiched aluminium foiled stuff. 6.5mm thick.
Its the foam sandwiched aluminium foiled stuff. 6.5mm thick.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: The man cave.
Sounds good. Is that a finished surface you can paint does it join up nice?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: The man cave.
its this stuff. I don't why you'd want to paint it? that would ruin its performance as it has to be reflective to stop black body radiation.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shed-Insulat ... SwnDZUDazO
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shed-Insulat ... SwnDZUDazO
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: The man cave.
I was thinking more a sandwich panel product. I'm running that under my tin then pink bats then plaster lined and painted gues that's why my mind is on lining and painting
Edit: The blue silver foil never seen it with insulation in between it.
Edit: The blue silver foil never seen it with insulation in between it.
Last edited by Dylan on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.