Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

its patina. ah - you have a youngen. you wouldn't care much for patina.
note your shiney mounts will clash with your black ;)

or to quote that line from flying high - i like my coffee black, like my men.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

It will balance out, as the other mount is black and stock. So literally best of both worlds.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

I wish my mounts had twin airbags like the V8 one in eBay pic lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:I wish my mounts had twin airbags like the V8 one in eBay pic lol

obviously didn't notice your fav manifold in the same pic?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Too scared to comment, it's silver not black lol
vlt304
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlt304 »

vlad01 wrote:
HQ355 wrote:I wish my mounts had twin airbags like the V8 one in eBay pic lol

obviously didn't notice your fav manifold in the same pic?
or the lack of a crankshaft in the v8
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

vlad01 wrote:that aint patina! that's fucking rust ! :lol:

I prefer the the younger girls ;) so black coating for me.


Anyway, I ordered one of these to use on the passenger side so will get strength and still have reasonable vibration dampening via the stock mount on the drivers side.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261789008558 ... EBIDX%3AIT
Interested to hear your thoughts on the mount once it is. Mixed messages so far about transmitted vibrations using those mounts
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

I've got those mounts in the race car, they would be horrible in a road car. They cause a lot of vibration transmission and also give the chassis a very hard time with torque..
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

May have been better off with one of these as they still use a rubber bush might not be quiet as bad as those Tuff Billet mounts with the urethane type bushings. MACE sells them but they were designed and made by TTT Engineering.

Image
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:I've got those mounts in the race car, they would be horrible in a road car. They cause a lot of vibration transmission and also give the chassis a very hard time with torque..
depends what you want, my aim is to have bit more harshness as I don't like driving a couch.

Don't know why you'd say that as the VH felt very smooth with them to me considering you also have no counterweights on the crank. :lol: