Ohh look....the base fuel quantity table. It's the same dimension and shape as the OBDI as I expected.
Hundreds and hundreds of tables on the wall...hundreds and hundreds of tables...map a fuel one...take it down...hundreds and hundreds of tables on the wall
base_fuel_obd2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Found base injection timing table. Man this is FUN once the data isn't scrambled. They used the same structure for the important tables so I can just use 2D/3D viewers to find what I need.
The nice thing with diesels is that there is no VE, AFR, KNOCK, etc in these old PCMs. You just inject more fuel and give it more advance and you make more POWA! Well there's more to it but...you can do some damage tuning these and only mess with 4 or 5 tables. I'm hoping the trans line pressure and shift tables are similar too.
It's also really interesting to see that GM actually gave these a good bit more fuel and timing advance in the OBD2 PCM's. I'm thinking they implemented some tables that weren't used in the OBD-I like MAP referenced fuel de-rate because this would smoke a good bit as-is if it was only using the base tables and no modifiers.
OBD2_TIMING.JPG
Now to figure out the segment(s) and checksums so stuff can actually be changed and new BIN/CAL created.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Could be a bad read or could be intentional cheating at bank swapping (swapping more than they need to). Or since they swapped address pins this could also be there to confuse you. I suspect this is the most likely. So i'd ignore 10000->17FFF. In our 128k pcms 0->7FFF is always mapped low and 8000->FFFF and 18FFFF->1FFFF are toggled in to the 8000->FFFF range so the HC11 can see it so that you get a common low bank with the calibration data always present and a seperate pair of 32k high banks . One contains engine code and one with trans code. 10000->17FFF is never swapped in and is not used.
Because it's a diesel you will find a fuel (otherwise known as drivers wish map) and smoke map for each gear I don't know why they do it but I bet that's the reason so many maps. You will also find maps for the start and finish of injection that may also be for each gear. My Hyundai list over 200 maps using winols. Some obviously not really maps but there are sure plenty to play with.
antus wrote:Could be a bad read or could be intentional cheating at bank swapping (swapping more than they need to). Or since they swapped address pins this could also be there to confuse you. I suspect this is the most likely. So i'd ignore 10000->17FFF. In our 128k pcms 0->7FFF is always mapped low and 8000->FFFF and 18FFFF->1FFFF are toggled in to the 8000->FFFF range so the HC11 can see it so that you get a common low bank with the calibration data always present and a seperate pair of 32k high banks . One contains engine code and one with trans code. 10000->17FFF is never swapped in and is not used.
Antus, How does this relate back to this information and any tips on how I should split the re-addressed BIN up to pass into a HC11 disassembler?
"There's space for two 32k memory pages (bank swapped using pin PG3) and one 24k
non-banked page shared between calibration and common (non-banked) code."
Charlescrown wrote:Because it's a diesel you will find a fuel (otherwise known as drivers wish map) and smoke map for each gear I don't know why they do it but I bet that's the reason so many maps. You will also find maps for the start and finish of injection that may also be for each gear. My Hyundai list over 200 maps using winols. Some obviously not really maps but there are sure plenty to play with.