Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

1975, or if you go by the theory hour only as old as the woman you feel I'm a 1983 model :)
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by yoda69 »

69 model for me...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I believe you are as old as you feel. :thumbup:

In my case I'm twice my age cos I feel fucked all the time :thumbdown: life long barrage of health issues but thats another story for another 185 page thread :lol:

This one derailed long ago. like that tanker in Keilor area today :lol:
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

god damn what a hijack. awesome.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

HQ355 wrote:1975, or if you go by the theory hour only as old as the woman you feel I'm a 1983 model :)
im screwed then, my wife is 5 yrs older than me :P
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

LOL, I'm a 77 model and so is the missus.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Quick update. Picked up a NOS k-frame and left VP quarter window for $200

Saving the k-frame for the VP S.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Also got my NOS grille for the S. Learned that what I thought was a special grey primer on my grilles on the S and the red rocket is the fact the grille is made from ABS plastic instead of painted clear acrylic.

IMG_0702_zps3bqqwgsd.jpg
IMG_0703_zpsloh2p315.jpg
IMG_0704_zps6bb73k0e.jpg
K-frame and quarter window, even has genuine GM dust. Has pre-applied seals too.
IMG_0706_zpsoreddios.jpg
IMG_0708_zpsol9jibmt.jpg
IMG_0705_zps3jqkuo4m.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

So I got new on the T5.

5th gear is stuffed and needs to be completely replaced, all syncros stuffed which I figured that was the case when driving it other than that the rest looks good.

Going to pickup the case and some bits Friday and have a look at what they are doing with it.

Cost will be about 1800-1900.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I have pulled apart my old 600K box to learn how it all works, what parts are available and which sets of gears come from what cars and part matching etc.

Watch this space coz I reckon I have completely debunked the myths on the V6 t5 uniqueness.

I reckon complete new V6 t5 can be build ground up for just several 100 $$.