Hmmm...ralcool wrote:I have a SC pulley removal tool. Only used once.Bought on ebay over a year back.
Would lend it for the price of postage.. and maybe a sixpack...lol
Firebug's V6 Gemini
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
ralcool
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
- cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-VS-VT ... 2259771584
Still working after 20k, so cheap investment. I softened the tune timing slightly (deleted high octane map for now.. will revisit later)
The mid range power increase is well worth it... and I'm sure we gain a little bit of bonnet clearance with a smaller pulley as well!
Cheers
Still working after 20k, so cheap investment. I softened the tune timing slightly (deleted high octane map for now.. will revisit later)
The mid range power increase is well worth it... and I'm sure we gain a little bit of bonnet clearance with a smaller pulley as well!
Cheers
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
Just curious, do L67 have a MAT sensor? if so where is it located?
-
ralcool
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
- cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
No, Seems they did away with it and went with the IAT in the airbox.
And its generally known that only the VS L67s have two coolant sensors.
One for the dash, one for the ecu.
And its generally known that only the VS L67s have two coolant sensors.
One for the dash, one for the ecu.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
No, but's a common modification to fit one in the LIM.vlad01 wrote:Just curious, do L67 have a MAT sensor? if so where is it located?

-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
what sort of temps are seen with non intercooled setups?
-
ralcool
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
- cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
@immortality... It looks like that LIM is modified for a GenV Eaton?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
I'll let you know shortly when I have my MAT sensor fitted (just need to tap a thread to suit sensor).vlad01 wrote:what sort of temps are seen with non intercooled setups?
No idea, random interwebs pic.ralcool wrote:@immortality... It looks like that LIM is modified for a GenV Eaton?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
yeah its a gen 5 intake or at least modified gen 3.
brand new gen 5 LIMs are under $130 USD from GM. Im thinking of buying one or 2, anyone interested in a group buy haha.
brand new gen 5 LIMs are under $130 USD from GM. Im thinking of buying one or 2, anyone interested in a group buy haha.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
he'll probably give you a casefirebug wrote:Hmmm...ralcool wrote:I have a SC pulley removal tool. Only used once.Bought on ebay over a year back.
Would lend it for the price of postage.. and maybe a sixpack...lol
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread