Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by firebug »

ralcool wrote:I have a SC pulley removal tool. Only used once. ;) Bought on ebay over a year back.

Would lend it for the price of postage.. and maybe a sixpack...lol
Hmmm...
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
ralcool
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by ralcool »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-VS-VT ... 2259771584

Still working after 20k, so cheap investment. I softened the tune timing slightly (deleted high octane map for now.. will revisit later)

The mid range power increase is well worth it... and I'm sure we gain a little bit of bonnet clearance with a smaller pulley as well! :mrgreen:

Cheers :driving:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

Just curious, do L67 have a MAT sensor? if so where is it located?
User avatar
ralcool
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by ralcool »

No, Seems they did away with it and went with the IAT in the airbox.

And its generally known that only the VS L67s have two coolant sensors.
One for the dash, one for the ecu.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:Just curious, do L67 have a MAT sensor? if so where is it located?
No, but's a common modification to fit one in the LIM.

Image
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

what sort of temps are seen with non intercooled setups?
User avatar
ralcool
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by ralcool »

@immortality... It looks like that LIM is modified for a GenV Eaton?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:what sort of temps are seen with non intercooled setups?
I'll let you know shortly when I have my MAT sensor fitted (just need to tap a thread to suit sensor).


ralcool wrote:@immortality... It looks like that LIM is modified for a GenV Eaton?
No idea, random interwebs pic.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

yeah its a gen 5 intake or at least modified gen 3.

brand new gen 5 LIMs are under $130 USD from GM. Im thinking of buying one or 2, anyone interested in a group buy haha.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by Holden202T »

firebug wrote:
ralcool wrote:I have a SC pulley removal tool. Only used once. ;) Bought on ebay over a year back.

Would lend it for the price of postage.. and maybe a sixpack...lol
Hmmm...
he'll probably give you a case ;)