FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by HQ355 »

That looks great, dosnt look like body needs much, is that a HR front end in it ? I can't believe how cheap they still are given they were the 1st Holden and there's not many left, watch the values skyrocket when factory shuts next year, I should get one, I have a spare 5.0 in the shed :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Yeah body is really good, few days work to get it pretty spot on I reckon!

Yes HR front end, and it has brackets on the front for Torana rack which ill be using, and a later model diff which I should be able to use mounts from for the commodore diff conversion!
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by HQ355 »

Can't wait to see it take shape mate, I like the look your going for, it will never date
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

Image
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

hahahah nice :)

going to my brothers place after work tonight to start going through it all, bolting guards/boot/bonnet etc on to try and get it more ready to move to my place later on and sussing out what i do and don't have .....

also the doors all have possum piss on them so my brother is taking one to his work where they have a hot water high pressure cleaner, so hopefully it can make them a little more sanitary!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

i dont know how many of you have experience possum piss, but its certainly a first for me :wtf:

before
636015055199834823.jpg
After
636015055307214829.jpg
Its certainly cleaned it up alot but i'd say its going to need a sand blast to get it to a usable state, if nothing else at least now they are handlable without wanting to spew!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by delcowizzid »

perfect pattina lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah ..... NO! lol
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

I'm just going to leave tho here :D
WP_20160614_18_15_36_Pro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

firebug wrote:Image
wait I got one for that.

Image