vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by Gareth »

I have read somewhere that when these get 'reconditioned' they immerse the whole board in a type of white spirit to dissolve the gel.. When fitting J3 chips to Ford ecu's I use brake cleaner to dissolve the goo..
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by Tazzi »

Bugga that, not worth the time and effort I think.

Easier to just pickup some second hand ones, verify they are working and then reset them.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by Gareth »

Do you mean in the car? If so, that is impossibly hard to do, most VZ's end up in the wrecking yards cos they are fucked/smashed, very hard to find one around here at a wreckers in startable condition.

I have a large amount of second hand ecu's that are useless because I/we can't 'delink' them...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by The1 »

From memory you only need the code, goto reset ecu in tech2 and use old code
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah there's plenty I've reset just on the bench & using snap-on tool, so long as you use the right code!
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by Tazzi »

Biggvl wrote:Do you mean in the car? If so, that is impossibly hard to do, most VZ's end up in the wrecking yards cos they are fucked/smashed, very hard to find one around here at a wreckers in startable condition.

I have a large amount of second hand ecu's that are useless because I/we can't 'delink' them...
Haha, nah nah. I just pickup any, no idea if there working the the first place. Probably 1 in 20 are faulty.
I check them by ensuring they communicate happily over the canbus. Faulty ones normally have some intermittent troubles with communication.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
mattyjf01
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by mattyjf01 »

Found this on trionictuning.com
me9.6 bdm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mattyjf01 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattyjf01
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by mattyjf01 »

Open source software that could work with some modification on bosch me9.6
https://github.com/mattiasclaesson/Trionic