vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
I have read somewhere that when these get 'reconditioned' they immerse the whole board in a type of white spirit to dissolve the gel.. When fitting J3 chips to Ford ecu's I use brake cleaner to dissolve the goo..
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
Bugga that, not worth the time and effort I think.
Easier to just pickup some second hand ones, verify they are working and then reset them.
Easier to just pickup some second hand ones, verify they are working and then reset them.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
Do you mean in the car? If so, that is impossibly hard to do, most VZ's end up in the wrecking yards cos they are fucked/smashed, very hard to find one around here at a wreckers in startable condition.
I have a large amount of second hand ecu's that are useless because I/we can't 'delink' them...
I have a large amount of second hand ecu's that are useless because I/we can't 'delink' them...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
From memory you only need the code, goto reset ecu in tech2 and use old code
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
Yeah there's plenty I've reset just on the bench & using snap-on tool, so long as you use the right code!
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
Haha, nah nah. I just pickup any, no idea if there working the the first place. Probably 1 in 20 are faulty.Biggvl wrote:Do you mean in the car? If so, that is impossibly hard to do, most VZ's end up in the wrecking yards cos they are fucked/smashed, very hard to find one around here at a wreckers in startable condition.
I have a large amount of second hand ecu's that are useless because I/we can't 'delink' them...
I check them by ensuring they communicate happily over the canbus. Faulty ones normally have some intermittent troubles with communication.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
mattyjf01
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
Found this on trionictuning.com
me9.6 bdm
me9.6 bdm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mattyjf01 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
mattyjf01
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset
Open source software that could work with some modification on bosch me9.6
https://github.com/mattiasclaesson/Trionic
https://github.com/mattiasclaesson/Trionic