How hard is it to cut through unobtainum?
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
How hard is it to cut through unobtainum?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
lol with a 1mm cutting disc on the grinder it was pretty easy actually 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I threw out a VN power steering rack about 2 years ago..... 
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Are they hard to find? I've got one here hasn't moved for year's. I could spare it if someone can use it?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Thats a VK2 or VL manual rack that 202 has cut up, I've been looking for one for ages
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4614
So yes Dylan, if you have one I'd love to buy it from you
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4614
So yes Dylan, if you have one I'd love to buy it from you
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Ahh right VL manual. Sorry I jumped a bit quick there thought it was VN power assist rack.
Sorry can't help.
Sorry can't help.
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
it looks like a vh type in the pic vl manual rack is alloy in the mid section where it is cut not steel. here is 1 on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-Commo ... ZinSq9mUog
and this is a vl 1 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-Commo ... SwB9xXOq~4
and this is a vl 1 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-Commo ... SwB9xXOq~4
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
The ones I have were removed from vks not vls!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I have to do this to my EH so watching the steering mods with open eyes. those racks must be from VK series 1 the series 2 are the same as vl not too sure what other changes besides the all alloy body of the rack in the series 2 perhaps Biggvl can chime in and let us all know.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yeah VL ones are alloy, they are pretty much like VN/VP ones but had non power assisted option and older style of input shaft.