ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Holden202T »

i personally bought a samsung tablet, but haven't used it on a car yet, but the one in that video above is my brothers, it is this one i think

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252356474816

it actually comes with an OTG cable too.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Tazzi »

Alot of those tablets coming out now arent there with decent specs!
I dare you to try take a picture using the camera which doesnt make everyone look like lego blocks. :lol:
Mine has the 2mp camera.. which is useless..

Other then that, it goes well!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by kojab »

Holden202T wrote:i personally bought a samsung tablet, but haven't used it on a car yet, but the one in that video above is my brothers, it is this one i think

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252356474816

it actually comes with an OTG cable too.

Thanks 202T

Found this one, bit cheaper with same specs, also comes with OTG cable. Fingers crossed.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/122062418002 ... EBIDX%3AIT
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Holden202T »

finally got to test my own tablet with $11P :)

ho0pefully today i'll get some more time to test realtime changes!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtN8BQyK-Oo[/youtube]
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by kojab »

My Teclast TPad X80 Plus tablet arrived a few days ago from China and as half expected found most of the instructions in Chinese. Spent most of Friday learning how to drive it and I am impressed with the quality for the price but I still can't get the ALDLDriod app to run. I know that I am the one at fault, not knowing and fully understanding the operation of these Andriod devices, and being patient and never giving up is beginning to frustrate the hell out of me. Might be that I am getting old.

At first I thought I had it going, as when I first linked the ECU (VR man with 12P) up there appeared to be values for each field and then on the next link all values have the the word "Dead" with white crosses over them. When I try to link to the ECU I get a red bar with "No response from ECU"

I will keep trying.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Holden202T »

Try changing the echo setting in the adx ?
User avatar
ralcool
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by ralcool »

Still waiting for my tablet.. I chose the Chuwi Hi10... But, this one time- I opened ALDLdroid once on my useless phone and saw the same thing.. I'm sure I clicked 'Reset dashboard to ADX default' under settings.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by kojab »

Holden202T wrote:Try changing the echo setting in the adx ?
202 I am going to shout you a beer when I get to meet you. Such a simple change with the echo got it working. I am so relieved, was going to spend all day Sunday to get this working and now I can have the day off to take my wife out so thats two beers now I owe you.

Remember when it was the old folks teaching the young. Now with this new world it is the young teaching the old folks.

Thanks
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Holden202T »

hahahah no worries mate, only reason i know is because i went through the same thing the other day trying to get mine working on $11P, mine was intermittantly connecting and getting funky spikes so that led me to the echo settings from previous experience with laptop logging.
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by firebug »

kojab wrote:202 I am going to shout you a beer blah blah etc......
Lol, this sounds so familiar... Image
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"