I have used Delco on both of my past engine setups and had great results! Idle control etc was perfect! I used Horse Power Factory for both my tunes and I think they used kalmaker. Plus side of retaining the Delco is I can have it all wired and fitted and even without s tune I can test spark and injector pulse without needed to setup riding and falling edge triggers etc (like haltech)
Iv spoken to Dylan and he is going to have a crack at writing a bin for me. Legend!
Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
-
prolectric
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am
- cars: 1981 VH SLE Holden 5.0 Vortech V2
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
Smart move 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
Don't talk it up to much might crack under pressure. HPF used to use Kalmaker I'm assuming they still do. Wonder if they'd look at 12P at all?
-
prolectric
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am
- cars: 1981 VH SLE Holden 5.0 Vortech V2
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
Apparently they won't tune a Delco at all now days
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
That's a shame. Used to be a shop in Epping doing Delco Electronic Automotive Service's. Can't comment on there work or if they're even still going.
Also user on Here VXL67GETRAG has his own shop in Melbourne and doing Delco obviously.
HPF probably stopped doing Delco getting sick of Kalmaker and the laptop troubles that follow.
I bet if you said you can tune a Delco with a brand new laptop in real time they'd laugh at you.
Not to mention from a smart phone too.
Also user on Here VXL67GETRAG has his own shop in Melbourne and doing Delco obviously.
HPF probably stopped doing Delco getting sick of Kalmaker and the laptop troubles that follow.
I bet if you said you can tune a Delco with a brand new laptop in real time they'd laugh at you.
Not to mention from a smart phone too.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
lol.Dylan wrote:That's a shame. Used to be a shop in Epping doing Delco Electronic Automotive Service's. Can't comment on there work or if they're even still going.
Also user on Here VXL67GETRAG has his own shop in Melbourne and doing Delco obviously.
HPF probably stopped doing Delco getting sick of Kalmaker and the laptop troubles that follow.
I bet if you said you can tune a Delco with a brand new laptop in real time they'd laugh at you.
Not to mention from a smart phone too.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
prolectric, where are you located anyway?
-
prolectric
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am
- cars: 1981 VH SLE Holden 5.0 Vortech V2
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
That's impressive that you can use your smartphone to tune!
I'm in south east suburbs of Melbourne mate. Just near frankston
I'm in south east suburbs of Melbourne mate. Just near frankston
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
I think vxl67getrag is mordialic way ?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?
Bayswater I thought?