Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
prolectric
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am
cars: 1981 VH SLE Holden 5.0 Vortech V2

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by prolectric »

I have used Delco on both of my past engine setups and had great results! Idle control etc was perfect! I used Horse Power Factory for both my tunes and I think they used kalmaker. Plus side of retaining the Delco is I can have it all wired and fitted and even without s tune I can test spark and injector pulse without needed to setup riding and falling edge triggers etc (like haltech)

Iv spoken to Dylan and he is going to have a crack at writing a bin for me. Legend!
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by Gareth »

Smart move :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by Dylan »

Don't talk it up to much might crack under pressure. HPF used to use Kalmaker I'm assuming they still do. Wonder if they'd look at 12P at all?
prolectric
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am
cars: 1981 VH SLE Holden 5.0 Vortech V2

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by prolectric »

Apparently they won't tune a Delco at all now days
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by Dylan »

That's a shame. Used to be a shop in Epping doing Delco Electronic Automotive Service's. Can't comment on there work or if they're even still going.

Also user on Here VXL67GETRAG has his own shop in Melbourne and doing Delco obviously.

HPF probably stopped doing Delco getting sick of Kalmaker and the laptop troubles that follow.
I bet if you said you can tune a Delco with a brand new laptop in real time they'd laugh at you.
Not to mention from a smart phone too.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:That's a shame. Used to be a shop in Epping doing Delco Electronic Automotive Service's. Can't comment on there work or if they're even still going.

Also user on Here VXL67GETRAG has his own shop in Melbourne and doing Delco obviously.

HPF probably stopped doing Delco getting sick of Kalmaker and the laptop troubles that follow.
I bet if you said you can tune a Delco with a brand new laptop in real time they'd laugh at you.
Not to mention from a smart phone too.
lol.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by vlad01 »

prolectric, where are you located anyway?
prolectric
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am
cars: 1981 VH SLE Holden 5.0 Vortech V2

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by prolectric »

That's impressive that you can use your smartphone to tune!
I'm in south east suburbs of Melbourne mate. Just near frankston
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by HQ355 »

I think vxl67getrag is mordialic way ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Can Anyone help me with an idle tune?

Post by vlad01 »

Bayswater I thought?