VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by The1 »

change these for a start, on a stock box try 6psi, make 3-4 8 psi.

Force Motor - Pressure Added for 1-2 Upshift
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by yoda69 »

Have a look at the difference between a HSV and Holden calibration to see what they did to improve shift firmness and speed. Will at least give you some ideas which tables you should be playing with.
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:change these for a start, on a stock box try 6psi, make 3-4 8 psi.

Force Motor - Pressure Added for 1-2 Upshift
I have just noticed that the VY XDF is alot more defined then the VX, How different are they? Basically If there not that different (or different at all) can i edit the tables i need in the VY XDF and reflash that back to the VX bin?

If not what is required to run the VY bin and therefore change the tables needed in the XDF with the VY one instead?
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by hsv08 »

yoda69 wrote:Have a look at the difference between a HSV and Holden calibration to see what they did to improve shift firmness and speed. Will at least give you some ideas which tables you should be playing with.
Good idea Yoda, i will also have a look and compare some
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by The1 »

they are different, which ones?
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:they are different, which ones?
Force Motor - 1-2 Upshift Pressure MOD Time Limit
Force Motor - 2-3 Upshift Pressure MOD Time Limit
Force Motor - 3-4 Upshift Pressure MOD Time Limit

DFCO - Coolant < Disable
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by The1 »

ill have a look and add them, the MOD time ones you shouldn't need to use, it's just the ramp changers
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:ill have a look and add them, the MOD time ones you shouldn't need to use, it's just the ramp changers
Ok thanks for that. I know the Vt v8 actually had a shift time limit that could be changed to quicken the shifts also. Unsure if the Vx has it ?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by immortality »

Was that in the adaptive shift tables?
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by hsv08 »

immortality wrote:Was that in the adaptive shift tables?
I can't remember but I think so. I will have to look at the Vt v8 xdf when I get back home.
Basicallyi want the shifts to speed up a bit.

I'm also wanting to keep the Tcc locked up on throttle uplift. The kph tables for the Tcc don't seem to affect it to much.

I feel like I am look for a table that is something along the lines of tps vs kph vs lockup duty cycle or something?

Seems when I lift off in 3rd or 4th the revs will drop down to around 1000rpm which is below my dfco settings.

I understand that 4th can be tricky as the sprag gears arnt engaged but I'm sure if I'm locked up it shouldn't matter. I want to be locked up right until 1000 odd rpm (dfco rpm deactivates at 900 and and 140 g/cyl)