Holden calls them 5 link and so does every workshop manual I have ever read. You are the first person I heard call them 4 link.Holden202T wrote:Call it what you want, everyone else calls them a 4 link!
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
and if I said I was getting a McDonald brothers 5 link kit you wouldn't be able to find it on their website .... I honestly don't give a fuck what its called, its on the link on the previous page!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
When OCD attacks
Pisser
Pisser
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
not when VSH attacks?When OCD attacks![]()
bahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaha
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Nope, it's official title is OVD ha ha
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
clearly those guys need to learn to count before naming a product.
I got a 3 legged chair at home, its clearly 4 but the 2nd leg doesn't count because its a 3 legged chair! thats what it says on the box.
I got a 3 legged chair at home, its clearly 4 but the 2nd leg doesn't count because its a 3 legged chair! thats what it says on the box.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
So what does that make a 4 link with a watts linkage?
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I'm with Vlad on this
and 4 link with another link makes 5.
But in the case of a Watts link that is in fact 3 more links ,so I have to go with 7 link
and 4 link with another link makes 5.
But in the case of a Watts link that is in fact 3 more links ,so I have to go with 7 link
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Please don't encourage him guys 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
slewinson
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
- cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Actually it is a 6 link suspension. The watts linkage comprises 2 links and a bellcrank.immortality wrote:So what does that make a 4 link with a watts linkage?
Simon