temps are dropping, now sitting ~50° with no load.
Coretemp is showing Tj max value 100°C
Laptop fault hardware or software?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
this is what my desktop runs at just doing light work. over clocked from 3.5 to the 4.1 you see as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
got pretty close to it. I suppose you could check when it starts playing up again.immortality wrote:temps are dropping, now sitting ~50° with no load.
Coretemp is showing Tj max value 100°C
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
Strangely enough it hasn't stuffed out again. CPU is hot but ram isn't. I did try a couple of different ram modules but still got the same results.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
ram doesn't get hotimmortality wrote:Strangely enough it hasn't stuffed out again. CPU is hot but ram isn't. I did try a couple of different ram modules but still got the same results.
ram is usually BSOD if its faulty
The fact your coretemp readings are in yellow is a worry. I never had that before.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
Been doing some online research and these laptops running hot is a common theme and these temps are not out of the norm.
Apparently issues with the heat transfer paste used by ACER too.....
And a cooling fan that never runs at 100% no matter how hot with no way to alter fan settings......
Apparently issues with the heat transfer paste used by ACER too.....
And a cooling fan that never runs at 100% no matter how hot with no way to alter fan settings......
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
The last work provided laptop, a hp one also gets super hot and sounds like a hair dryer.
my Toshiba centrino (before even core2 existed let alone i series) that I chucked 4Gb of ram in it not long ago flys! runs cool and does all my tuning and burning of chips.
Runs circles around the old work one and the current i7 win10 laptop.
Just to give you an idea how old my personal laptop is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino
pretty sure its the Banias CPU.
Eventually I will get one of those Panasonic toughbooks. They are an industrial/service tech grade laptop. Just what I need when road tuning coz seat belts only go so far when holding the laptop in lol
my Toshiba centrino (before even core2 existed let alone i series) that I chucked 4Gb of ram in it not long ago flys! runs cool and does all my tuning and burning of chips.
Runs circles around the old work one and the current i7 win10 laptop.
Just to give you an idea how old my personal laptop is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino
pretty sure its the Banias CPU.
Eventually I will get one of those Panasonic toughbooks. They are an industrial/service tech grade laptop. Just what I need when road tuning coz seat belts only go so far when holding the laptop in lol
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
Maybe I've worked it to hard, been using it to convert video files of late and doing a lot of downloads, it runs 24/7. Doing conversion it run at 100% continuously for days.
Transferring my critical shit to another laptop ATM, it's win 10, so far not impressed with it.
Transferring my critical shit to another laptop ATM, it's win 10, so far not impressed with it.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Laptop fault hardware or software?
I've been using win 10 for a few months on the work laptop, its awkward, clunky, temperamental and slow, needed a heap of modifying to get it usable.