yeah the track locator bar actually stays loose when the bolt is right into it (from the 4 link bar bolt) so the whole black bit can rotate .... but that said there is a few inches up and down in the rose joint travel, but from what I understand with this rear end its not supposed to move too much anyway if its all working right.
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
hahaha thanks 
yeah the track locator bar actually stays loose when the bolt is right into it (from the 4 link bar bolt) so the whole black bit can rotate .... but that said there is a few inches up and down in the rose joint travel, but from what I understand with this rear end its not supposed to move too much anyway if its all working right.
yeah the track locator bar actually stays loose when the bolt is right into it (from the 4 link bar bolt) so the whole black bit can rotate .... but that said there is a few inches up and down in the rose joint travel, but from what I understand with this rear end its not supposed to move too much anyway if its all working right.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Good work mate, not much reference going on by the look of out lol
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
hahahaha yeah there has been enough, just not in view of the shots normally
don't want condensation on all those bare metal bits 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Yea well it's all to do with rear squat and weight transfer when accelerating. Soft springs and shock rate will determine that. I have seen rose joints snap when the angles are not right. Looks fantastic and boy your making fast progress. Whats happening to the Bedford? On the backburner or lost interest?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Yeah back burner, its the tow car so it doesnt need to be finished yet hehe!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I seen the bedford today, was a bit dusty so I guess this project is the priority atm.
EDIT: ditto!
EDIT: ditto!
-
slewinson
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
- cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Looks pretty damn good!! I would replace that black bit so the rose joint pivots on the axis of the bolt. The fitting would need to be milled up,so the slot for the rose joint is vertical instead of horizontal and at the correct angle to align with the lateral link, allowing the 4 bar bolt to be tightened. You could cut up the black fitting and re weld it with a 45 degree wedge in it after turning it so the slot was upright.Holden202T wrote:hahaha thanks
yeah the track locator bar actually stays loose when the bolt is right into it (from the 4 link bar bolt) so the whole black bit can rotate .... but that said there is a few inches up and down in the rose joint travel, but from what I understand with this rear end its not supposed to move too much anyway if its all working right.
Simon
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Decided to finish welding up some of the 4 link frame and then add a few braces before cutting the inner guards out some more, promptly ran out of mig wire lol!
Lucky Bunnings is open late and has 5kg rolls on the shelf!
So theres not much left of the original rear floor and inner guards
I need to wait till I have the diff in before I go too far with the wheel tubs, and that is going to have to wait till I get the correct mounting plates for the diff, the ones I got were for 9inch and the holes in them are about 8mm too large for a borg warner, so I have sent them back and just waiting on the right ones to arrive.
Plenty more I can do in the mean time though in preparation for all that
Hoping to go to the steel joint on the weekend and get some lengths to use for making the front chassis rails, these will go from the front of the 4 link frame, up the length of the car, and replace the original engine bay front end rails, and attach to the cross member and stop at the radiator
Lucky Bunnings is open late and has 5kg rolls on the shelf!
So theres not much left of the original rear floor and inner guards
I need to wait till I have the diff in before I go too far with the wheel tubs, and that is going to have to wait till I get the correct mounting plates for the diff, the ones I got were for 9inch and the holes in them are about 8mm too large for a borg warner, so I have sent them back and just waiting on the right ones to arrive.
Plenty more I can do in the mean time though in preparation for all that
Hoping to go to the steel joint on the weekend and get some lengths to use for making the front chassis rails, these will go from the front of the 4 link frame, up the length of the car, and replace the original engine bay front end rails, and attach to the cross member and stop at the radiator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
For Sale: FX rear inner gaurds, rear passenger and boot floor. Rust free. Some reassembly may be required...
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
lol yeah pretty much!
I gave it all to my brother, he works at a quarry and they stock pile steel for recycling and that is what they use for end of year party, all for the cause!
I gave it all to my brother, he works at a quarry and they stock pile steel for recycling and that is what they use for end of year party, all for the cause!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread