FX Holden Race Car Project
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
So must get over for inspection and reference... 
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
nah its just the flash, normally light brown eyes and pretty clear in the centre!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Just had a full review of this thread tonight, doubly awesome. Thanks. I cant input anything on the chassis side as you are fully on top of that and I have learnt plenty. The only thing I can add add body wise is if you want to strip the shell and panels back to bare metal, strip disks on a 9 inch grinder are the go. You will have the thing striiped back before you know it. If anyone needs any further info on this let me know. Believe me from someone who had stripped an entire body shell with An orbital sander in the past this is a revelation.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
i just get all my stuff media blasted. Sooooo much easier! I couldn't endure the pain of even doing one panel with stripper disks after going media blasting lol
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Good thread, thanks for keeping us updated!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I haven't done soda blasting, but with 'sand blasting' you end up dealing with the media in hard to get to places for a long time.vlad01 wrote:i just get all my stuff media blasted. Sooooo much easier! I couldn't endure the pain of even doing one panel with stripper disks after going media blasting lol
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yeah I once stripped a Torana with 4 inch grinder and wire wheels ..... never again hahahah!heff0018 wrote:Just had a full review of this thread tonight, doubly awesome. Thanks. I cant input anything on the chassis side as you are fully on top of that and I have learnt plenty. The only thing I can add add body wise is if you want to strip the shell and panels back to bare metal, strip disks on a 9 inch grinder are the go. You will have the thing striiped back before you know it. If anyone needs any further info on this let me know. Believe me from someone who had stripped an entire body shell with An orbital sander in the past this is a revelation.
The car was been blasted and primed, I find plenty of bits of grit as I go along, its pretty much all gone now! I'm not sure what I want to do with the body yet, hoping that mostly it will just need a light sand, but definitely all the doors will be getting blasted as they haven't been done at all yet.
so last night I got stuck into the 35 degree heat!
I'm happy where everything is sitting, so will be time to make some engine mounts, and also the front radiator support
Front is sitting nice and low, maybe a bit too low depending how much further it drops once its at full weight, but its got lowered springs in it so I can always get standard height if needs be too.... as for the rear, its looking like with the higher tyres I want it should sit pretty good with the wheel up in the guard a bit
..... off to the shed I toddle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
are you going to use an engine plate?
Aren't you tempted to chop the roof, ha. That body Is sooo cool.
Cheers
Aren't you tempted to chop the roof, ha. That body Is sooo cool.
Cheers
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
looking very good man love the rails and rear clip will make it a lot of fun when done. 