Isn't the M78 a bit of a misnomer?vlad01 wrote:I thought too its M78 but its M75 as per stamping on the gears.
I think the pinion length is same as M78 but in M75 form.
Vlad's rides thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
At least (in the end) it was a quick death.........
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
immortality wrote:At least (in the end) it was a quick death.........
Isn't the M78 a bit of a misnomer?vlad01 wrote:I thought too its M78 but its M75 as per stamping on the gears.
I think the pinion length is same as M78 but in M75 form.
Not that I know of. The falcon gear of the later years have gears stamped 0578 which is called "M78"
My gears all are marked 0575
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yeah, well it's a misnomer when it comes to Commodores except maybe HSV as a mate recently had a diff built with parts that were originally from a HSV fitted with a Hydratrac diff and it had the larger pinion bearing which seems to be the only difference with the M78 gear sets.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I got the call, its ready for pickup. will go and grab it Friday along with the axles from the other place.
-
Forced666
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:07 am
- cars: Supercharged VY V6
Re: Vlad's rides thread
if i had a gun, thats what i would of done to my last laptop. Instead it was hurtled across the room and jump on several times haha
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I got 2 iphones and a kodak cd burner from that old PC to blow away still.
-
wozza
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
- cars: VR commodore
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I find Iphone's respond better to C4 rather than leadvlad01 wrote:I got 2 iphones and a kodak cd burner from that old PC to blow away still.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
do you reckon you can retrieve a lead selfie on the phone some how?
-
wozza
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
- cars: VR commodore
Re: Vlad's rides thread
na iphone's to slow for that
Prob be more fun to use a high speed camera filming the lead selfie...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Some updates finally.
Got the diff back a few weeks ago.
sanded it down to smooth the blasting roughness. Got a new cover from pick a part.
Gasket sorted blah blah.
Also axles were shorten 7.5mm each. Pretty nice job.
Assembled and primed again after a good clean.
And top coat of epoxy.
Shiny!!!
Then the extra Xmas decorations hung up lol.
Finally got my sump done. Only took 18 months to machine the hole lol, hard to find a machine shop willing to do it straight away. Anyway good timing as this completes the whole drive train just as the diff is being finished.
Was enlarging the holes to 8mm to fit the 5/16" bolts used on the buick, where they are 1/4" on the ecotec
Then the battery died half way lol. I used a step drill to pilot and center the first part of the hole, then a spot weld drill bit to "machine through" the rest of the way. Due to the spot weld bit design it acts like a hone as can be seen how the drill is fully anchored into the hole. Leaves a perfect straight clean hole without needing a mill.
They got to be pretty accurate as 5/16 in a 8mm hole virtually pins the sump in place from the tight tolerance, ideal for keeping it all nice and rigid.
masked up for blasting. Will be ready for pickup tomorrow.
One axles done.
One more being done.
Oppsy! Exploded my pressing tool
And pretty much done for now.
Time to celebrate with this new turbo for the lawnmower and some target practice.
Intel insi.... I mean outside!
Literally shot the CPU? out of it. was laying next to the laptop after a few rounds at it.
Got the diff back a few weeks ago.
sanded it down to smooth the blasting roughness. Got a new cover from pick a part.
Gasket sorted blah blah.
Also axles were shorten 7.5mm each. Pretty nice job.
Assembled and primed again after a good clean.
And top coat of epoxy.
Shiny!!!
Then the extra Xmas decorations hung up lol.
Finally got my sump done. Only took 18 months to machine the hole lol, hard to find a machine shop willing to do it straight away. Anyway good timing as this completes the whole drive train just as the diff is being finished.
Was enlarging the holes to 8mm to fit the 5/16" bolts used on the buick, where they are 1/4" on the ecotec
Then the battery died half way lol. I used a step drill to pilot and center the first part of the hole, then a spot weld drill bit to "machine through" the rest of the way. Due to the spot weld bit design it acts like a hone as can be seen how the drill is fully anchored into the hole. Leaves a perfect straight clean hole without needing a mill.
They got to be pretty accurate as 5/16 in a 8mm hole virtually pins the sump in place from the tight tolerance, ideal for keeping it all nice and rigid.
masked up for blasting. Will be ready for pickup tomorrow.
One axles done.
One more being done.
Oppsy! Exploded my pressing tool
And pretty much done for now.
Time to celebrate with this new turbo for the lawnmower and some target practice.
Intel insi.... I mean outside!
Literally shot the CPU? out of it. was laying next to the laptop after a few rounds at it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.