haha, I dont know any others in the IT Profession, with anywhere near your welding/mechanical skills.... one of a kind!
in fact I know mechanics with less skill than you LOL
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
lol thanks and that second part of the comment is worrying 
yeah IT technician for work, car stuff for the love!
yeah IT technician for work, car stuff for the love!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
aside from rounding off a few corners on the plates I'm pleased to say that's two very solid engine mounts completed 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Will be asthetically pleasing now that they'll match your rollcage... 
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
hahaha yeah true 
so one of the things I needed to do and a lot of the reason I added the plates on the bottom of the chassis rails where the crossmember mounts was to get the crossmember lower so I could lower the motor to get it where it should be sitting, the sump is mounted about 1cm away from the crossmember now and with all these mods done the head is no longer above the top radiator tank!
so one of the things I needed to do and a lot of the reason I added the plates on the bottom of the chassis rails where the crossmember mounts was to get the crossmember lower so I could lower the motor to get it where it should be sitting, the sump is mounted about 1cm away from the crossmember now and with all these mods done the head is no longer above the top radiator tank!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
technically the motor is the same height.... its the rest of the car thats higher 
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
finished welding all the 4 link mounts that were tack welded, and got some matt black paint onto it, and the brake caliper mounts are on the diff and just waiting on the 3.89 diff gears i've ordered for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Awesome
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
No fucking around !
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
a few more little bits and pieces....
finished off the gearbox crossmember, originally was a flat bar, but ended up being better located with a 25mm drop in the centre, its maybe just slightly too low now but I can shim that up to get it all right if needs be!
I also pulled the end off a VH intermediate shaft and put it onto the end of the VR intermediate shaft to get the right connection needed for the steering rack .... it hurt to do this when the VH intermediate shaft cost $80 ... :/
you can also see I have made new brackets to mount the rack and rotated it back approx. 35-40 degrees from where it originally was so it clears the oil pump. (the rack shaft was almost pointing straight up at the oil pump before)
I made up a temporary floor mount for the steering column, I also cut down that bearing section and shortened it so its closer to the floor which gets the intermediate shaft closer to the rack so that worked out nicely.
I also put the diff back in as its finally complete with gears now, and used the temporary tailshaft I made up for the gemini to see how it all fits, it needs to be about 1-1.5 inches longer, but its enough to fit in the box and I can take it to tailshaft shop to get one made up from it at some stage.
next on the list of things to do is to re-install all the front end panels and see how it all sits and start making brackets to attach them to the new front rails/radiator support.
finished off the gearbox crossmember, originally was a flat bar, but ended up being better located with a 25mm drop in the centre, its maybe just slightly too low now but I can shim that up to get it all right if needs be!
I also pulled the end off a VH intermediate shaft and put it onto the end of the VR intermediate shaft to get the right connection needed for the steering rack .... it hurt to do this when the VH intermediate shaft cost $80 ... :/
you can also see I have made new brackets to mount the rack and rotated it back approx. 35-40 degrees from where it originally was so it clears the oil pump. (the rack shaft was almost pointing straight up at the oil pump before)
I made up a temporary floor mount for the steering column, I also cut down that bearing section and shortened it so its closer to the floor which gets the intermediate shaft closer to the rack so that worked out nicely.
I also put the diff back in as its finally complete with gears now, and used the temporary tailshaft I made up for the gemini to see how it all fits, it needs to be about 1-1.5 inches longer, but its enough to fit in the box and I can take it to tailshaft shop to get one made up from it at some stage.
next on the list of things to do is to re-install all the front end panels and see how it all sits and start making brackets to attach them to the new front rails/radiator support.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread