The TPS not being a pre Ecotec TPS won't be causing any problem. I have a VS V6 Ecotec wagon and it runs a V8 TPS (which is the same as the pre Ecotec TPS) and there are no problems caused by it.Dave001 wrote:You guys seem to be missing the point, I have an Ecotec TPS running on an 082 ECU, this is the incorrect TPS for the ECU, so of course you will see incorrect voltages being fed to the ECU from the TPS.
So I don't get this thrown back at me
I'm going to quote your reply and then comment on it.Dave001 wrote:Have you even bothered to read my replies,
Don't test things on your hand by guessing anything let alone Idle (and then admitting to your example being a guess). Put the thing on the correct TB for it and test it properly then come back with the real numbers.Dave001 wrote:As a test to help explain this better, I just connected the MULTIMETER to pins C13 and D2 of the ECU.
With the standard Buick TPS I see around 0.4v at Idle - 4.05v at WOT, of course this is with the TPS sitting in my hand, guessing the idle point. As it turns the opposite way to a Ecotec TPS, I can't test it on the throttle body.
With the Ecotec TPS I see 1.3v at idle - 3.95v at WOT.
