This is the crapest excuse for a weld I have ever seen, its really scary that this person thinks they are welding good enough to be repairing chassis members on any car!
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yeah more like glue than a weld
This is the crapest excuse for a weld I have ever seen, its really scary that this person thinks they are welding good enough to be repairing chassis members on any car!
This is the crapest excuse for a weld I have ever seen, its really scary that this person thinks they are welding good enough to be repairing chassis members on any car!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
gibbo
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:57 am
- cars: Fx Holden, Hilux 4wd VS V6 4l60-e LPG
- Location: Adelaide SA
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
You could fix that with Bog! It wil hold the welds together...... 
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
What teh fucking fuck is that shit. Thats not even bird shit.
Just as well you're on the job Sammy, fix that shit, stat!
Just as well you're on the job Sammy, fix that shit, stat!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
gibbo wrote:You could fix that with Bog! It wil hold the welds together......
I reckon sticky tape works better!
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Hot glue mate!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Looks OK to me.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
hmmmm .....
in other news, Christmas has started at my place
I mentioned before I need to shorten the surge tank/fuel pumps so they fit in the boot better...... I think I have achieved that, 85mm shorter roughly.
Now I just need to get mounts for the pumps, this mount is actually too narrow for the pumps (makes the pumps too close together to suit the tank fittings) .... guess that's the difference between a proper surge tank and an ebay one
Also got these 26 x 10 slicks
fuck yeah looks like a good improvement in surface area! just for reference the one on the car is 24.5x8
in other news, Christmas has started at my place
I mentioned before I need to shorten the surge tank/fuel pumps so they fit in the boot better...... I think I have achieved that, 85mm shorter roughly.
Now I just need to get mounts for the pumps, this mount is actually too narrow for the pumps (makes the pumps too close together to suit the tank fittings) .... guess that's the difference between a proper surge tank and an ebay one
Also got these 26 x 10 slicks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Less fittings in the fuel system = less shit to go wrong
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yep and in this case also means it might actually fit in the humpys small boot now!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
That weld is very similar to many on cars I inspect in my area that have been repaired in the backyard. Anyway with the pumps is that a small filter just before the pump inlet? If so where do you get them?