VT GTS Memcal

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by benk »

Yes will be interesting
It should have at least 350hp at the rear wheels :D
but with the current tune its got in it we only got 180hp before it died at 4000rpm
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by Holden202T »

i would reckon it would be closer to 400hp ... time will tell!
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by benk »

Yes, I was being a bit conservative :)
Once I can get the tune sorted out we will see what its real potential is :twisted:
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by benk »

I need to up the rev limiter to suit the cam that it has in it. The XDF dosn't have the rev limiter section in it.
I haven't done any work with hex as yet but if I copy the code from the the original bin at the $4C02-7 hex location into the hex on the standard bin will that work?
yoda69 wrote:I'm not sure what the random $6D is doing at location $13374.
The changes at $4C02-7 are for rev limit (fuel cutoff), have been raised from 5600rpm ($E0) cut and resume at 5500rpm ($DC) to 6300rpm ($FC) cut and 6200rpm ($F8) resume.
What's more amusing, is that all the spark changes have been made to the LOWOCTAIN tables and no changes to the main spark tables.
Also the injector rate constants have all been significantly lowered, I'd hazard a guess the vehicle has been fitted with larger injectors.

yoda69
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by yoda69 »

Yes, just copy them over, I'll add them to the next XDF I update.

yoda69
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by benk »

I will have to learn how to create and modify XDF's :?
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by benk »

I have finaly got back to tuning the GTS and just wondering if anyone has an adx for TP5 for these VT V8? The only one I can find is for the V6
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by VL400 »

benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by benk »

Thanks for that I don't know how I missed it as I thought I looked at that thread for it before :oops:
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: VT GTS Memcal

Post by benk »

I am having problems tryinfg to log and get the data from this VT. I can connect to the vehicle but when logging it comes up with a lot of errors like it is getting interferance from some where. Is there any way I need to set up TP5 to get a steady data stream?