Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Cheers.

Can't remember where I got my last ones but we may have some at work in the generic O ring kits.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by psyolent »

yeah i used a generic o ring on mine. no issues
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
MAGP
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by MAGP »

Greg do you remember what size? A few years ago I had to do mine but couldn't get one that would work and I don't think the oem o rings are thick enough to last.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by psyolent »

i don't mate. it was in one of those o ring blister packs from supercrap auto - the ones where you get a million o rings for like 5 bucks in a clear packet with yellow insert. normally with all the bolts and shit. just put a bit of rubber grease on it and good as gold.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by psyolent »

Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
MAGP
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by MAGP »

Cheers for that. I have one of those red boxes full of o rings neatly stacked and I tried all the ones that were near the right size but not one worked.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Hopefully I'll get a chance to swing past work tomorrow, all going well I'll find the right size O ring and what size it is.

At a rough guess I'd say somewhere around 18mm ID with 2.xx cross section
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by psyolent »

yeah i'd reckon you'd be about right. the thickness is what you need i think moreover. thats what makes the difference. ironically the seal is not too different to the IAC stepper come to think of it ....
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

So I started pulling the intake apart on the Calais this arvo, unfortunately I'm getting burnt to a crisp (been a blond ginger) so have retreated to the shade for now :(
Last edited by immortality on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by Holden202T »

I feel your pain brother hehehe :oops: