Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Holden202T wrote:I feel your pain brother hehehe :oops:
I envy your shed.

Plan is to build a large carport next however need to finish painting that side of the house first otherwise access will be almost impossible :(

Slow progress....
0-02-07-7211beb2c3a13774ae6092b262b05e9f27726ae0499199389d2f4a9238e41e30_full.jpg
Won't take long to get the fuel rail and blower off now.

BTW has anybody rebuilt a snout on the M90? Coupling is feeling a bit shit, I have a spare coupler and some unicorn blood (I mean blower oil) but thinking I might do the bearings on the snout, it has after all done 190,000kms now with the last 30K probably turning faster then originally intended.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Does anybody know the size of the O ring that goes on the stainless heater pipe fitted into the from of the LIM on the V6 engines. I thought I had a spare but I can't find the bloody thing :(

Been one of those days like that :x

which V6? eco or pre eco? they are different.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by Holden202T »

vlad01 wrote:which V6? eco or pre eco? they are different.
Judging from the above picture I'm going to say L67 :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by vlad01 »

I can measure the pipe and find out that way. I have a spare doing nothing in the shed.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by Holden202T »

immortality can measure his once the sun goes down :lol:
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

LOL. yep. I'll have the boy run me around in the morning to pick up anything else I need (like O rings). Fairly much everything else I have somewhere in my garage....

Feel like I could cook a steak on the back of my neck and I've only been out there for a few 10 minute stints.... :cry:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by vlad01 »

LOL, yeah I can beat him to it then haha. I can take the heat and sun well, just not the cold.

Image
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by Holden202T »

its a balmy 26 degrees here, must be a tad warmer where you are ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:its a balmy 26 degrees here, must be a tad warmer where you are ?
about 28 in the shade here. Feels like 45 in the sun as there is no air movement and the sky is clear atm.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Some progress and discoveries.

Pulled the old thermostat out and it's a 195°F unit but engine running ~81°C..............

What color is the coatings on the blower rotors supposed to be? doesn't look it has any coating on it at all however when we recently checked things with a MAP sensor we were seeing about 11psi in the LIM with a 3.4" pulley?

Some pics...
LIM doesn't look to dirty inside,
0-02-07-e3b36075664ba4e22cae9ab9ec32b3c0f53ff4e7bb121544e64d2d0230b2f041_full.jpg

Blower, The M90 experts can maybe comment?
0-02-07-41de5b03b37585c9c9ae7fa2d1b383cda861a87b718360f1329ddd47c2e92076_full.jpg
And the usual mess with the LIM off,
0-02-07-8b89e42d7225c497d81a24621d0efde58040baa62b3ef756a5f4116bb0f67de3_full.jpg
(sorry about the crappy phone pics.....)

And I finally remember why I like the deep freezer
0-02-07-13fd42128aef7c3e141f514ed68062ec02a9cccb547a67165ac16863126c108e_full.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.