FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Happy new year too all, finally a quiet day after all the Chrissy/new year stuff over! :)

Just before Chrissy I had almost got this inner sill replacement finished, so today I got the last few bends sorted so it follows the body nicely, and got it partly welded in place, car feels solid again now lol!
P1130601.JPG
P1130602.JPG
This intersection will be where the roll bar joins the chassis, so should be a nice strong point :)
P1130603.JPG
few more bits to tidy up then i'll do the same for the driver side then it will be almost time to start looking at getting the roll cage underway! :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

So after getting the passenger side inner sill in place it was time to start on the driver side, so I cut out all the old one and the rest of the floor, she's definitely Flintstones now :)
P1130609.jpg
And this is the 5mm of bog on the driver side B pillar to cover up the awesome welding job of the new outer sill install.... :roll:
P1130611.jpg
P1130613.jpg
I've started making the new inner sill piece, so hopefully in the next few days i'll get that in place, then only a few more bits to do then I can just about start working on the roll cage (once I buy some tube that is) :punk:

oh and fix the dodgy outer sill installs!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAGP
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by MAGP »

Awesome workmanship :thumbup:
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by psyolent »

love it buddy.
heres another hard fixed surge sammy in a VS

Image
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

ahahah thanks greg :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Feeling good that I've finally made it to this point hahah!
WP_20170107_13_48_24_Pro.jpg
I still need to remove the outer sills, finish a few welds and such then put them back on properly, but I really just can't be fucked at the moment!

started looking at surge and fuel tank locations and starting to think about how I'm going to make a seat mount, whatever I decide on I want to put it in before the floors go in, so i'll probably do that sooner than later .... but for the moment its too hot and I am starting to think about beers ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by HQ355 »

The answer allways is more beer ! I'l have one for you now lol
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by psyolent »

sammy you need more C clamps.
looking good mate.

unlike HQ i'll have a coffee. doesnt have the same ring to it though.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by HQ355 »

Too hot for coffee !
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

I had a hot cuppa too but I have a couple of beers here for anybody that wants to come and get em :)

Tomorrow I'm off to get a coffee from my favorite shop, been over 2 weeks since my last fix (could explain problem with fixing the car.....). Will have to have words with the proprietors about taking such a long time off.