FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:sammy you need more C clamps.
looking good mate.

unlike HQ i'll have a coffee. doesnt have the same ring to it though.
I need my 12 coffees otherwise shit doesn't get done lol
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

Where's the rest of it??!!
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Rest of what ?

As for being too hot gor coffee, fill with ice cream, add coffee shots then wizz it up!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

Holden202T wrote:As for being too hot gor coffee, fill with ice cream, add coffee shots then wizz it up!
:thumbup: I LIKE your thinking.... :punk:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

I don't like hot coffee, only iced coffee :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

bought some fuel pump holders, and trimmed them up to make it all fit nicely!

I'm not sure why but the brackets come with two thickness rubbers, turns out the left over thicker rubber fits the gap between the pump mounts and the base nicely!
P1130614.JPG
P1130620.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by psyolent »

Sammy, thinner pumps might require the thicker rubber mate ....
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by heff0018 »

Thicker rubber is for the 52mm pumps, thinner is for the 60 mm pumps. I discovered this when I bought a Bosch fuel pump from eBay (with a free bracket) and they sent it with only the thinner rubber, the pump was I bought was 52mm. I had to make a rubber sleeve to pack it out.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

I didnt know they were two different sizes!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

You might want to file that center mounting point flat to reduce the chance of things moving, either that or get a really thick washer and round it off on the bottom to suit.

All that rubber should help reduce noise though.