Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well they were brand new, whether that is of any use,
I have since been able to program all 5 of them, but how long they last is another story!
The company I brought them from say there old stock & very hard to get hoold of, but as we know Maxim are still making them so that is BULL S*@T!
On Another note off topic, I was able to put a VY bin on the chip & it runs my VX no worries!-sorry off topic!
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by yoda69 »

I'm assuming this was a VY L67 ($07) tune into a VX L67 ($A5) as I don't think the VY $06 flash tune would work in a VT memcal based ecu?
Will be interesting to have a look at what enhancements have been done between $A5 and $07, something to do in my spare time :P

yoda69
User avatar
Doctor Bob
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
cars: VN, VT
Location: Melbourne Vic.

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by Doctor Bob »

the VY S/C uses the same PCM
different code mainly due to the different datastream for the dash as far as i know

Rob
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by ejukated »

VX L67 Getrag, how did you eventually get them to program? I think ive got the same NVRAMs as you, no battery symbol and they will read fine but not program in my willem...
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Um, well yeah I guess there all still working the original 5 & they sent me another 5 for free(but 2 of that lot wouldn't program at all!), but I'm now having an issue with my willems I just bought & can't get any of them to program(but can with my old skool lpt1 memprogL).

But I don't know how well or long there going to work for!?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by VL400 »

The latest batch I got from my local guy who purchases direct from maxxim dont have the bin, so I am not sure now as to if they do or dont have a bin picture! I would have throught they should due to lithium inside but who knows. These are also 2009 made DS1245Ys. Never had an issue programming them on my trusty EPROM programmer that needs a PC with an ISA slot for the special card :D
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by Holden202T »

old school :D
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by ejukated »

i have a few 2007 ds1245y-70+ that are genuine and have been in use since 2008 they all program fine in my willem. Tried a ds1245y-100 the other day and it just wont program in the willem... :(
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by VL400 »

Is it only Willem programmers that people are having the issue with? I have a DS1245Y that would not program correctly in a willem, tried it in two different Hi-Lo and a Xeltek Superpro and it does not have a problem. Once programmed it works in the ECU fine.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem

Post by ejukated »

mines a willem...