Immortalities totally random thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
I'm starting to wonder about the MAF. The1 says the stock V6 MAF is good for 10,000hz and this is going over that. Might be time to fit an LS1 MAF to ensure we have enough resolution.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
I have a VZ LS1 MAF and pipe here if it helps. Kept it for a rainy day. Will have a connector here to somewhere. It's the bigger 5 pin one.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
You have a PMDylan wrote:I have a VZ LS1 MAF and pipe here if it helps. Kept it for a rainy day. Will have a connector here to somewhere. It's the bigger 5 pin one.
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
My IAT also starts to climb when the air flow drops.
Pretty sure boost pressure stays fairly stable
I think i have a screen shot of it on my phone I'll have a look and see if I can find it
Pretty sure boost pressure stays fairly stable
I think i have a screen shot of it on my phone I'll have a look and see if I can find it
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
I just found this old datalog from a year ago. Boost continues to climb but Cylair noses over at 5200rpm! What is even more interesting is that the MAF Hz and Cylair numbers are almost identical to the run I did on Monday with the 1.9 rockers fitted. The car is definitely accelerating better but the logs don't seem to show it. This data is also before the bigger elbow, improved CAI etc so I'm definitely thinking I've exceeded the airflow for the standard V6 MAF.0081 wrote:My IAT also starts to climb when the air flow drops.
Pretty sure boost pressure stays fairly stable
I think i have a screen shot of it on my phone I'll have a look and see if I can find it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Thanks to Dylan I have a new MAF on the way
Cheers mate
Cheers mate
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
This shows mine dropping off in cylair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Interesting.
Yours looks like it revs out cleanly to 6000rpm, is that still on a standard cam?
Yours looks like it revs out cleanly to 6000rpm, is that still on a standard cam?
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
XP HOT cam
Was a fresh build with a balanced bottom end
Was a fresh build with a balanced bottom end
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
It'll be interesting to see what the blower porting has done.0081 wrote:XP HOT cam
Was a fresh build with a balanced bottom end
That thing is definitely moving a shit load of air with good IAT's