Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
I have been looking at some of the settings and maps and am astounded how sloppy they are. I s this normal with OE programming?
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
Your vr12.bin is a standard VR V6 Manual bin. BCC is BFFH
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
Thanks. I wonder how much the tech's got paid to do such a sloppy job.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
looking at https://pcmhacking.net/memcals.html BFFH is the very first VR manual release, and lots of fixes came after. I dont know what happened in the factory, but it must have been whatever they could run with on day 1 for whatever reason and they kept developing it from there. Having said that I havnt looked at the tune to see what it is like, but I would only bother with the latest tune of any series as it'll always be the best.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
Thanks. It came inside and ECU and I couldn't find the number in Memcal ID and I was having difficulty reading it. I might do a compare with the last VR and see what the differences were. I suppose it's like Windows. Put the first version out and let the public discover the problems.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
Should suck bins like these out and put them into a bin repository.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
There there is one here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
If you have a good read of anything missing post it to that thread and we can move it up top. They're also all included with the binid tool.
If you have a good read of anything missing post it to that thread and we can move it up top. They're also all included with the binid tool.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
I forgot about that thread. That site you have an exact copy of with the bins was a good source. Does that thread have all of what he had?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
None of the bins came from the geocities site - all came from users of this site (but fair credit, those collections would have been built from sources like the diy-efi and gm-ecm lists and similar which pre-dates us and was the work of many). I copied the table from the archive.org backup of the geocities page (and geocities seems to have been cloned to http://www.geocities.ws/memcals/ which is therefore just another copy of the original source). The formatting was screwed, there are no contact details and no further updates. Then the memcals.com version died too (not sure if that was the original author or not - possibly). I fixed the formatting up by hand as it was a mess so now it can be maintained here. I have added some new information but it was mostly up to date to begin with. Having said all that I wouldnt be at all suprised if we do have all the same bins and more here.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277
I got one off him when he was still maintaining the site but you have it listed as well. The last I heard about that site and the owner was he just stopped replying to emails and stopped maintaining the site. I tried contacting him about 2006-7 but no reply. I would have liked a complete copy of what he had.