Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

That's probably why the Americans came out with this
http://www.taperformance.com/prodimages ... _V3800.jpg
TA_V3800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Something else I though about but have never actually measured up is fitting ecotec mains caps to a Buick block so you can at least have cross-bolted mains. The other option would be the MACE mains girdle.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Something else I though about but have never actually measured up is fitting ecotec mains caps to a Buick block so you can at least have cross-bolted mains. The other option would be the MACE mains girdle.
won't work. there is like a 20m+ void between the cap and the side of the block. I wouldn't bother anyway as VR have standard issue powdered metal forged caps anyway just like the ecotec does. The side bolt do help a little but only a little as they only screw in about 4-5 threads and at a very low torque. I recall about 15 Nm
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:That's probably why the Americans came out with this
They already use them, someone commented the same thing.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

More updates.

TB done, cruise control pin added and also fitted a circlip which is missing on most. I happen to have a box of them the same size :thumbup:
IMG_1539_zpseqdaiisz.jpg


Early Easter decorations.
IMG_1542_zpsoj81ejww.jpg


Stuff.
IMG_1543_zpszozsck9w.jpg



more stuff.
IMG_1544_zpsy1iazbe3.jpg


Decided to do the rear door jams as they were a bit chipped up and I also spilled acetone from the roof and later found it ran down the pinch welt all the way to he bottom so I said fuck it, get them painted too.
IMG_1555_zpsp2gqz6ld.jpg

IMG_1554_zpsazfomwh8.jpg
IMG_1553_zps7fyp6t1u.jpg



Got these off without breaking a single clip.
IMG_1556_zpsyyxsepdn.jpg


Can buy them? re-manufacture them.
IMG_1557_zpsniidl9y4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

What product did you use to recoat those last bits?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

plastidip. 3 coats of it.

black dip-able/brush-able type, not spray can like you see everywhere.

Only way to get it is via autobarn and get them to look it up via the broken catalog. Plastidip's own listings and site tell you nothing and you can't contact them, very very old couple who are tech illiterate hold the product in Australia.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by delcowizzid »

That broken block is from a gn in the states fell in half when the owner onbolted the main caps lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Must of had a bit of a noise like that lol.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

delcowizzid wrote:That broken block is from a gn in the states fell in half when the owner onbolted the main caps lol
lol yeah I dare say the inlet manifold and main caps was about all left keeping it together!