Dallas 1245Y-100 problem
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem
what version software im useing 0.97g no worries with my ds1245y cant remember what speed it is . i also have the topwin usb programmer like a gqx4 willem it wont do certian chips burns 128 256 010 and my nvram but stuffed if it will burn a 27c512 tried many times with no luck im sure its a software issue
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem
i just checked, its 0.97g. I don't have any problem with 5 or so other ds1245y or ds1230s that i have (they have all different date codes) - it was just the one that refused to program
when i get a chance i might try different versions
when i get a chance i might try different versions
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem
if 5 others work ok im reckoning you have a dud chip
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Dallas 1245Y-100 problem
Digging up an old thread, but I just had the same problem with my ebay special willem PCB3 clone and a couple of "manufacturer refurbished" (wtf?) DS1245Y-70s (they were cheap, and I needed something to test my rt board with).
I could read the chips - one of which hadn't been blanked during the "refurbish" process, but couldn't write either of them.
My software was version 0.97g, so hunted around and found a copy of 0.97h and that one programmed them perfectly.
Seeing as this thread came up when I was googling for a fix, I thought it might help someone else one day
I could read the chips - one of which hadn't been blanked during the "refurbish" process, but couldn't write either of them.
My software was version 0.97g, so hunted around and found a copy of 0.97h and that one programmed them perfectly.
Seeing as this thread came up when I was googling for a fix, I thought it might help someone else one day