FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

had a pretty quiet weekend for once, so was able to get a few things done on the car whilst streaming goodwood festival in the shed :)

Managed to get a hole cut in the guard with the hole in the right spot :) it still needs a bit of a trim and the pipe needs a trim also, but I am going to wait till I have finished with a few other body mods to make sure everything is locked in before cutting.
14.jpg
I pulled the dummy motor out as its soon going to be replaced with a proper motor :twisted: so while it was out I took the opportunity to modify the sump to clear the stud girdle, thankfully it didn't take too much hammering to get the clearance I needed!
15.jpg
Also while the motor was out I finished off a few welds on the roll bar connection to the chassis, and I added the mounts for the brake lines, I then started on the hard lines from there to the master! I need to get some more hard line but its a good start :)
16.jpg
I plan to get some more hard line in 1/4 as the rear line on these are larger than the fronts, I also need to get a flexible line made up to go from the diff to the chassis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by heff0018 »

Nice one, makes me want to get out my stud girdle and fit it just cause I can. Ha, I spent all my free weekend time finishing off installing my eave framing and painting fibre cement sheets. Would much rather be playing with cars, maybe next weekend.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah we all have weekend full of chores :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

So with the new car I had a quick look at mounting my old coil bracket, and while I could do it, it was going to be fairly hard to find a good spot for it, and also take up a lot of room ..... so I found this coil mount which should save a bit of space, now I just need to decide if I want to mount it to the engine or the chassis...

below pic shows the coils on the old mount compared to the size of the new one.
20170706_184150_1499331427623_resized.jpg
20170706_184702_1499331429846_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

That looks like a much neater arrangement... ;)
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by heff0018 »

Sure takes up lots of room but lots of sparky.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah in the gemini it fit really well above the brake booster, but not so much in the FX ... but should be mint now!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

found a suitable spot for the coils AND! I can use the original leads I had without any mods! Will just need to get some cable management for them.
coils1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

I've been undecided about the seat location for a long time, and one of the reasons for getting the location sorted out was so I could work out where the main hoop had to go for the roll cage, which I did a while back, so I thought i'd work on the rest of the seat location and mounting.

Got the harness out and started to fit it all up
20170712_153625_1500251280458_resized.jpg
I also wanted to make a upper securing mount, the seat whilst probably strong enough, still moves around if you push your shoulders back, with this its solid as!
20170712_105644_1500251284713_resized.jpg
upper belt attachment, need to get some spacers to locate the belt mount in the middle of that stud, and i will add gussets on the sides, but otherwise its pretty well worked out.
20170712_153509_1500251282633_resized.jpg
I'm in the process of making some mounts for the lap belt, but I have a feeling one of them is going to have to mount in the tunnel, so I might not be able to finish them off just yet, and as it works out the sub belt will go nicely into the chassis rail!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by jenko »

at last you can sit in it and make engine noises :lol: