Immortalities totally random thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
The old girl got her 200,000km oil change today. Also made the traction control a little more aggressive as the power comes on much quicker now and the missus had a bit of a tank slapper on a wet morning on the way to work and I tweaked the timing some more for the cool air.
-
wozza
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
- cars: VR commodore
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Hmmm thats an interesting way to get rid of the missus.......wonder how it would hold up in a trial lol....doh just posted this in a public forumimmortality wrote: Also made the traction control a little more aggressive as the power comes on much quicker now and the missus had a bit of a tank slapper on a wet morning on the way to work and I tweaked the timing some more for the cool air.
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
I took my rails to a boat repairer that does ally and staino welding. They turned out great. An option if the tapping doesn't work out for you.immortality wrote:Yeah I'm going to tap and thread as I don't have any way to weld alloy
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
What are people using for back up utilities?
I'm just using the backup function in win10 ATM but I wonder if there are better options out there.
I'm just using the backup function in win10 ATM but I wonder if there are better options out there.
That would be an option.firebug wrote:I took my rails to a boat repairer that does ally and staino welding. They turned out great. An option if the tapping doesn't work out for you.immortality wrote:Yeah I'm going to tap and thread as I don't have any way to weld alloy
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
I use synctoy on windows to sync my laptop with my server.
-
wozza
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
- cars: VR commodore
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
clonezilla bit of an overkill and not for everyone....I do like the fact I can do a complete re-install of the OS in about 10 to 20min with all the registry links in tact..
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
And this is how they turned out...firebug wrote:I took my rails to a boat repairer that does ally and staino welding. They turned out great. An option if the tapping doesn't work out for you.immortality wrote:Yeah I'm going to tap and thread as I don't have any way to weld alloy


"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Turned out pretty good.
I had some fittings welded on also and sanded the weld smooth again
I had some fittings welded on also and sanded the weld smooth again
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Thought you might recognise them Pete0081 wrote:Turned out pretty good.
I had some fittings welded on also and sanded the weld smooth again
I left mine raw because racecar...
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
I like how 0081 mounted then on the intercooler plate but I don't think it would work with the 25mm spacer.