FX Holden Race Car Project
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Can always paint the head gold too 
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Remember as a young lad doing apprenticeship being told 'people paint engines black to hide the oil leaks'
Painted all my engines black just to annoy those ol' farts
Painted all my engines black just to annoy those ol' farts
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
hahahahah 
in other news, I've just been purchasing some staino allen head bolts for thermostat, water pump, timing cover etc, should tidy it up a bit, and I've ordered my pushrods and some ARP inlet/exhaust studs
oh and I got a kingwood country chrome dipstick on the way also
in other news, I've just been purchasing some staino allen head bolts for thermostat, water pump, timing cover etc, should tidy it up a bit, and I've ordered my pushrods and some ARP inlet/exhaust studs
oh and I got a kingwood country chrome dipstick on the way also
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
You can mr sheen the kingswood country dip stick lol while having a reference
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
not the kingswood i just shampooed the battery 
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
nice one!
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I was thinking about how I would mount the coils in this car, and it was pretty obvious the gemini bracket wasn't going to suit, and literally that night someone posted a for sale item on facebook for this mount, so I promptly bought it!
I was lucky enough that 70% of the previous wiring was suitable enough to work with this bracket, its still very much a work in progress but trying to get it all wired in for engine fire up soon.
All the wiring fits nicely under it out of the way too just above the chassis rail.
also while I've been waiting for engine parts to arrive I have been working on getting the rear brakes sorted, to that end I got a custom made hose to go from the diff to the front of the four link with all the required fittings to suit what I need and you can see to the left of my hand is the hard line, so it getting pretty close to done (wanted to have rear brakes sorted for when engine fires up)
The pushrods and arp studs arrived, so this weekend i'll be installing the pushrods and doing the tappets! then the sump can go on for good hopefully and all I need is the tappet cover. Very happy with these studs, they look trick as
I was lucky enough that 70% of the previous wiring was suitable enough to work with this bracket, its still very much a work in progress but trying to get it all wired in for engine fire up soon.
All the wiring fits nicely under it out of the way too just above the chassis rail.
also while I've been waiting for engine parts to arrive I have been working on getting the rear brakes sorted, to that end I got a custom made hose to go from the diff to the front of the four link with all the required fittings to suit what I need and you can see to the left of my hand is the hard line, so it getting pretty close to done (wanted to have rear brakes sorted for when engine fires up)
The pushrods and arp studs arrived, so this weekend i'll be installing the pushrods and doing the tappets! then the sump can go on for good hopefully and all I need is the tappet cover. Very happy with these studs, they look trick as
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Looking good mate ! Better stock up on reference for the fire up 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
They look awesome as!