I have a spare Inlet manifold coming so I can make mistakes on the mill without wrecking my stock one, and refurbish it; then I'll populate it with the Deka's (still to order,) Fuel rail, Reg, Blower, Throttle body and sensors and drop it straight on.
VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Conversion
-
JA2Z
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 pm
- cars: - WH II 5.7L Statesman (daily)
- VT 5.0L Calais
- 1994 Ford Probe V6 DOHC
- 2007 Ford Focus TDCI 2.0 - Location: East Gippsland, Victoria
Re: VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Convers
Same 
I have a spare Inlet manifold coming so I can make mistakes on the mill without wrecking my stock one, and refurbish it; then I'll populate it with the Deka's (still to order,) Fuel rail, Reg, Blower, Throttle body and sensors and drop it straight on.
I have a spare Inlet manifold coming so I can make mistakes on the mill without wrecking my stock one, and refurbish it; then I'll populate it with the Deka's (still to order,) Fuel rail, Reg, Blower, Throttle body and sensors and drop it straight on.
-
JA2Z
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 pm
- cars: - WH II 5.7L Statesman (daily)
- VT 5.0L Calais
- 1994 Ford Probe V6 DOHC
- 2007 Ford Focus TDCI 2.0 - Location: East Gippsland, Victoria
Re: VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Convers
Quick Poll:
Siemens Deka 80lb EV1 injectors
or
Siemens Deka 60lb EV1 injectors
http://www.siemensdekafuelinjectors.com/fuel-injectors/
I was considering Methanol at a later date on a A/B NVRAM map, hence the 80's, but now I think it's going to be more work than it's worth on this motor, So I'm wondering if the 80's will have lower idle/low-load quality than the 60's?
Factory injectors are 20.21lb and I'm considering max, 12-psi (probably 7-9 to start) so theoretically a 36lb injector would suffice
20.21lb / 14.7psi(atmospehere) * (14.7psi(atmospehere) + 12psi (Boost)) = 36.70lb
Thoughts?
Siemens Deka 80lb EV1 injectors
or
Siemens Deka 60lb EV1 injectors
http://www.siemensdekafuelinjectors.com/fuel-injectors/
I was considering Methanol at a later date on a A/B NVRAM map, hence the 80's, but now I think it's going to be more work than it's worth on this motor, So I'm wondering if the 80's will have lower idle/low-load quality than the 60's?
Factory injectors are 20.21lb and I'm considering max, 12-psi (probably 7-9 to start) so theoretically a 36lb injector would suffice
20.21lb / 14.7psi(atmospehere) * (14.7psi(atmospehere) + 12psi (Boost)) = 36.70lb
Thoughts?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
JA2Z
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 pm
- cars: - WH II 5.7L Statesman (daily)
- VT 5.0L Calais
- 1994 Ford Probe V6 DOHC
- 2007 Ford Focus TDCI 2.0 - Location: East Gippsland, Victoria
Re: VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Convers
Nice... fast reply
thanks
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Convers
Neither lolJA2Z wrote:Quick Poll:
Siemens Deka 80lb EV1 injectors
or
Siemens Deka 60lb EV1 injectors
http://www.siemensdekafuelinjectors.com/fuel-injectors/
I was considering Methanol at a later date on a A/B NVRAM map, hence the 80's, but now I think it's going to be more work than it's worth on this motor, So I'm wondering if the 80's will have lower idle/low-load quality than the 60's?
Factory injectors are 20.21lb and I'm considering max, 12-psi (probably 7-9 to start) so theoretically a 36lb injector would suffice
20.21lb / 14.7psi(atmospehere) * (14.7psi(atmospehere) + 12psi (Boost)) = 36.70lb
Thoughts?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Convers
You would probably be better off with something that has a better spray pattern. The dekas kinda just hose the fuel in a tight stream
-
JA2Z
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 pm
- cars: - WH II 5.7L Statesman (daily)
- VT 5.0L Calais
- 1994 Ford Probe V6 DOHC
- 2007 Ford Focus TDCI 2.0 - Location: East Gippsland, Victoria
Re: VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Convers
Ah ok... suggestions for injectors then?
Bosch, ID, FIC?
Bosch, ID, FIC?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Convers
Nothing wrong with the 60s God knows how many sets I've used without issue.a thin stream isn't a bad thing it gets the fuel in onto and past the valve too wide you are spraying the port walls with a lot of fuel
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VT V8 304 MAF NVRAM -> VS V8 MAP NVRAM + M122 SC Convers
they all work no doubt, value for money though the denso's i have been doing are great 12 hole oval spray. There's a link in my injector thread pretty sure, if not i can find a link for them again.