FX Holden Race Car Project
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
nice and appreciate the reference
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Does trimatic ever spit fluid out with such a high stally or ol' hose over the breather pipe cable tied higher up dipstick tube solve that?
Also steel trans lines from auto or just rubber off fittings?
Also steel trans lines from auto or just rubber off fittings?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
The first time i put it in after the rebuild with manual valve body and big stall it actually did spit out some oil and so i then added the breather hose to a small catch can, but its never done it since, i have a feeling its because i had it laying upside down on the bench for rebuilding and some oil has gone into the breather hose section.... either way did the hose to be on the safe side.
The cooler hoses are braided rubber with speedflow fittings directly into the box.
The cooler hoses are braided rubber with speedflow fittings directly into the box.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
So the wiring is pretty close! got all the fuel pump wiring sorted, (hopefully how it will be for good) and I know I planned to make the wiring to run the car as it was going to be for good, but some of that is not possible, so I've done a bit of a rough but usable setup, some of which will be the end result, other parts not ....
anyways, all the dash gauges are working, engine & alternator lights etc, fuel pumps, fans and the ignition switch all sorted.
I have decided I'm going to put the running, stock as a rock 202 I have under the bench in to make sure everything is all working and the motor running properly before I throw the new motor in, last thing I want is to be diagnosing possible issues with a new motor that needs to just run properly and bed the cam in!
I also got a few pictures today from dad, hes been busy on my front guard, its now been painted with some royal blue!!! its darker than I expected, but I like it!! I haven't actually seen it in the flesh or in the sun, but it looks mint from what I have seen
anyways, all the dash gauges are working, engine & alternator lights etc, fuel pumps, fans and the ignition switch all sorted.
I have decided I'm going to put the running, stock as a rock 202 I have under the bench in to make sure everything is all working and the motor running properly before I throw the new motor in, last thing I want is to be diagnosing possible issues with a new motor that needs to just run properly and bed the cam in!
I also got a few pictures today from dad, hes been busy on my front guard, its now been painted with some royal blue!!! its darker than I expected, but I like it!! I haven't actually seen it in the flesh or in the sun, but it looks mint from what I have seen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Looking good mate ! No reference though, maybe some time out lol
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Absolutely, with the first serious motor I had built I had a mechanic fit and test the ignition system so that there would be no problems with the initial start. Anyway I took the car home and it wouldn't start, it was getting fuel ok so I knew it had to spark. Checked the dizzy wiring and it was in the right sequence but backwards.Holden202T wrote:last thing I want is to be diagnosing possible issues with a new motor that needs to just run properly and bed the cam in!]
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yeah that's it, I know it should all work as it did in the gemini, but I've basically started from scratch with the efi loom and added/changed a heap of things so want to make sure 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Dummy motor is out and stock 202 is in, extractors and inlet on, thats a night!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Lucky,for a minute I thought no reference lol, just a different brand lol
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger