FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

I thought it was running on gravity fed alcohol. Should get around 1/4 mile to the stubbie...
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Lol i reckon a 6 pack!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Sorry in advance that there is no reference in these pics, but I picked these up on the way to work :P
20170921_082758_1505960938899_resized.jpg
20170921_082947_1505960941073_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gtrboyy
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores
Location: Sydney

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by gtrboyy »

Nice bit of gear those.

Think I prefer bushed ends after finding spherical tops cracked on tubbed sle but then again I did cruise it a fair bit.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

Damn, those are nice.

I was tossing up between Viking and QA1 shocks for the Senator.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

QA1 was what McDonald Bros used to sell, they now sell Viking so I went with their product! they certainly are a nice looking bit of gear!

Quickly threw them together and chucked them in .... the rear end is so out of whack, need to get it all squared up, but it certainly looks complete now :)
P1130747.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gtrboyy
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores
Location: Sydney

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by gtrboyy »

Yeah sometimes I open garage roller door for no reason just to get that same view haha

Sle has mcdonalds bros kit under it too but older single adjustable strange coilovers that go through boot...had aftco in rear of torana

The strange brand cracked the outer ends of spherical bearing where it sits in brackets & adjuster nuts galling in threads yet no issues with afco brand.

Nobody was doning anti-roll bar setups back then.

Viking better value these days or better options?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Its just what McDonald Bros has, I dunno which is better or what :)
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

I think Viking are a new player although when you look at em they do look very similar to QA1. I was looking at Viking but at the time their website wasn't fully running yet so very little info or vehicle specific data etc.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by antus »

Well, where going to know soon! Looking good so far, watching with interest.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396