FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by jenko »

the dollars quickly add up on speed flow fittings.I don't want to remember how much it cost plumbing the marine engine
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

lol, yeah some choose to forget I don't as I don't care what it costs (to a point) OCD calls the shots haha
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I'm happy to pay the cost to have what I want for this one :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

2 steppin after the Bathurst holden win! :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoSEOhgHz74[/youtube]
Macca97
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Macca97 »

best part about speedflow, is its around the corner for me :p we made the mistake of adding up the speedflow receipts after we finished a fuel system, never again, was quite scary
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Dad brought the guard over the other day so I had to fit it! .... unfortunately something has changed, I'm not sure if there is a difference between the test motor and this one or what, but the exhaust doesn't fit out the guard :(

So I have lopped the end of it for the time being, will adjust and re-attach one day, but the front of the car is not 100% in the right spot (as you can see from bonnet gaps) so i'll get that sorted before I finish the pipe.

and of course I had to push the car out into the sunshine to get some half decent photos!
P1130751.JPG
P1130753.JPG
Also got a handful of speedflow fittings so I've mostly finished off the vacuum hoses and such now.
P1130759.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

Damn! that is nice.

That blue guard gives a good indicator to how well its going to look.

EDIT: Looking for the reference but only found a pair of brake pads on the upper arm.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

That colour..... :thumbup:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I'm pretty happy with the colour :) I probably should get a headlight in that guard with a chrome surround to really show the finial look.

no reference in these shots, these were the photo shoot shots lol :P

brake pads are there as I'm re-building the calipers, found out they have Bakelite pistons in them .... like fuck ... steel rebuild parts ;)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

bakelite pistons? what the?